A surprise for Hark!

Being a moderator on a website like BladeForums is no cake walk. You've got a lot of responsibilities and duties, and you're basically donating your time and effort out of kindness and passion for the forum.

Hark has been an excellent moderator, no doubt, but it's not just because he meets the requirements of his duties. He easily exceeds those requirements tenfold. In addition to keeping the HTM forums orderly and troll-free, he is a lively and enthusiastic participant in the various threads. He responds to comments and engages all participants. He warmly welcomes new people to the group. He gets us sneak previews on upcoming products from HTM, brings our questions directly to Darrel himself, and reports back the answers quickly. These are all feats above and beyond a moderator's call of duty, and this community has become that much stronger thanks to his efforts.

That's why many of us here in the HTM forums thought it would be a cool idea to thank Hark for all of the effort he has expended in making this a kick-ass place to hang out. After a little conspiring in a dark smoke-filled room, we're ready to hatch our plot.

Hark - we're getting you a present!

Email me with your address and we'll have a special gift on its way to you. A little thank you from all of us here at the HTM forums to recognize your hard work, dedication, and friendship.

One condition though: when you get the gift you've gotta post pictures if you can! :D

Hah. Joke's on me. I never would have expected this. Thanks, fellas. I will post pictures. I wonder what this could be. Got me all kinds of piqued.

PM inbound.

I have to say thanks to all of the awesome people on the forums that came up with this idea on there own.
I know Bleed was the pack leader!!!!
Hark you are a great moderator and we at HTM are proud to have you on our team.
Any of you coming to the Blade show can meet Hark.
He comes and works the booth!!!
Great Guy!

Thanks!!!!

We really appreciate your hard work, Hark. It was the least we could do! :thumbup:

And nice job by BleedingEdge for taking the lead on this and getting everything together so quickly!

Ive been more of a lurker than an active member of the HTM forum, but Harks presence gives the forum a friendly and organized vibe. Thanks Hark and hope you like your gift, im sure were all excited to see your reaction. - Stanley

All right, the present is on its way! It should arrive by tomorrow or Saturday via FedEx Ground. Let us know when it shows up, Hark!

All right, the present is on its way! It should arrive by tomorrow or Saturday via FedEx Ground. Let us know when it shows up, Hark!

Oh wow. I was expecting a mid to late December delivery. I'll def let you guys know. Maybe I should put it under the tree and open it on Xmas.

You guys are something else. I just got the package and read XS Sights on the box when I knew exactly what was inside. You guys must've done research because I only recall mentioning these sights once in passing and several weeks ago at that. I don't have them installed yet since I haven't cleaned my gun yet from this week's range visit, but in the mean time, here's a picture. It's a quick shot from my Android phone with a sticker that's covering my gun serial.xs.jpg

Thanks so much guys. I'll post another pic in a day or two once I install them. I'm still blown away by this. I knew you guys were smart. After TheBleedingEdge told me you guys had a surprise for me I kept wondering what it could be.

Xmas came a tad early for me. Thanks again, folks.

BOO-YAH.

You rock, Hark.

We hope your gift serves you well, in light and in darkness (literally and metaphorically). Use it in good health, friend. :D

I can't wait to see pics of those sights when they're installed.

BOO-YAH.

You rock, Hark.

We hope your gift serves you well, in light and in darkness (literally and metaphorically). Use it in good health, friend. :D

I can't wait to see pics of those sights when they're installed.

I'll prob install them tonight if I can find the right punches. I've never had trit sights before. They're neat just glowing in the dark without having to charge them. If you're familiar with HK firearms, they never come stock with tritium sights because tritium is banned in Germany due to it being radioactive, no matter how minute. As such, I never really used the glow in the dark sights for night shooting. I do have a tactical range with lights I can turn on/off. Will try them out there probably the week after next. Monday I'll be re-acquainting myself with the two dot set up of the Big Dots versus the standard 3 dot set up I've been shooting for the past 7000+ rounds or so.

I'll prob install them tonight if I can find the right punches. I've never had trit sights before. They're neat just glowing in the dark without having to charge them. If you're familiar with HK firearms, they never come stock with tritium sights because tritium is banned in Germany due to it being radioactive, no matter how minute. As such, I never really used the glow in the dark sights for night shooting. I do have a tactical range with lights I can turn on/off. Will try them out there probably the week after next. Monday I'll be re-acquainting myself with the two dot set up of the Big Dots versus the standard 3 dot set up I've been shooting for the past 7000+ rounds or so.

That's ridiculous - tritium banned? Tritium is an isotope of hydrogen, so it only beta-decays. Beta particles can't penetrate human skin, and the by-product of tritium decay is helium-3 (which is non-radioactive). Someone needs to go there and give those Germans a science lesson.

I own a CZ-75B in 9mm Para, but I haven't fired it in the five or so years I've owned it, not even at a shooting range. I'm a self-defense enthusiast, but I focus more on my martial arts training than shooting (martial arts has good health benefits, and you don't get harassed by the LAPD for walking down the street with your fists in your pockets). I really should take it shooting one of these days, though. I know it has the standard three-dot type high contrast sights.

Given that those sights are the big dot type, it shouldn't be hard to adjust. I saw some reviews on them and they look pretty rad in action. :thumbup:

I'm SD too. I want to get to the point where I can compete in IPSC or IDPA one day. These sights should make target acquisition much quicker.

You guys are great. I can't help but wonder how many people you got together to make this happen, TheBleedingEdge.

May take a while to install the sights since I'm peculiar about cleaning my firearms. Even if I only put 100 rounds through them, they get a thorough cleaning that takes me in excess of 50 minutes.

Glad you like the gun candy!

Also ... I hope the Dashi is working out for you.

Glad you like the gun candy!

Also ... I hope the Dashi is working out for you.

Oh man, I put a wicked edge on the dashi. I couldn't keep the convex edge sharp so I reprofiled it to 12.5 degrees per side. It's so handy around the house.

Hark,
I want to say that these guys did this out of there great liking of the way you take care of the forum.

Great job

Back