A Very Important Announcement

To all of our valued customers,

I want to take this time to announce my semi-retirement from custom knifemaking. While I will continue to produce and make available handmade knives at a few shows each year, I will no longer be taking any custom orders.

I will be concentrating my efforts on filling my outstanding orders as well as the continued growth of my production company, Emerson knives Inc.

Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,
Ernest R. Emerson
President
Emerson Knives Inc.

The #1 Hard Use Knives In The World

Although I'm not glad to hear that you're not taking anymore orders, I'm glad that you announced it.

Jason

Well.....there goes the neighborhood.
frown.gif

Ross T.

Damn, damn, damn.... Well I respect that decsision. It´s just that I mailed Derek a few days ago with some final questions before I was going to put myself on the list. Isn´t it typical...?
That leaves me with no other choice but....the Darrel Ralph Krait...
I simply can´t pay two to three times the money for a cqc-7 on the open market.
If you only had the custom production up and running...
Sad to hear. Although my wife is laughing happily as she has another $525 to put on makeup & clothing.

JEEEEZ! I cannot believe my lousy luck. I kind of figured this was coming, so on Tuesday when I woke up I told myself I needed to get my order in. Of course, I got too busy and was not able to make the call, then on Wednesday he makes his announcement. I am going to be mad at myself for a long time over this. I am not happy at all.

I am sure he struggled with this decision for a long time. There are only so many hours in a day, and clearly he will be focusing on the company more. Given a lot of the criticism he has received for his delivery times on customs, I can't blame him. Besides, he also has a family to take care of, and I am sure he will be able to spend a little more time with them now.

I am expecting that things with the production company will start moving a little faster now. (?)

Still, I am HUGELY disappointed!!!

-Scott

Ernie, I think this was a very smart decision, and you should be applauded for doing the right thing here - concentrating on making the customers you already have happy, instead of creating new ones.

Hopefully, now that your company is going steadily you will have ample time to work on the outstanding orders you have in house. I'm sure that there will be more than a few happy customers in the near future.

In the meanwhile, I'm sure that once he's caught up, Ernie will start taking orders again - it's just a matter of time.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

So what are the chances some of the custom deigns are going to go to production from Emerson Inc.?

After the caveman, ritualistic pounding he received at the hands of some who promoted an idea that Ernie would never keep his word with some interesting math, who could possibly blame him? Not implying that was the reason, but all things are cumulative.

He did say "semi-retirement," however, and that means I may still yet be able to get the Big Daddy Commander (ES1M) one day. I was going to order one or two of them next month, damn.

Back