A view from my treestand

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Took these pics this evening about 5:30 pm. Wouldn't you know it, about 7:00 pm I missed a 4 pointer. :rolleyes:
Scott

Attachments

• Picture 282.jpg
    Picture 282.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Picture 284.jpg
    Picture 284.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 110
Where's the 10 pointer? I don't see him in the picture.

Sorry about missing the 4 pointer.

:)

Where's the 10 pointer? I don't see him in the picture.

Sorry about missing the 4 pointer.

:)

There are a couple of big boys on the farm that have been seen. Might get a chance at one. This farm is 298 acres. I've hunted it now for about 20 years.
Scott

Scott, It looks like you have a sweet spot. Is that a trail coming right past ypur stand in the first pic?

Scott, It looks like you have a sweet spot. Is that a trail coming right past ypur stand in the first pic?

It was a trail but I widen it and cleared for shooting. There are trails running horizontially in that area below me (first pic). There is a stream at the bottom. Alot of cover, behind me is a large tract of woods.
Scott

Setting my treestand up in the morning. We have the bigwoods up here no real farm country to set up in. But come late seaon when I set up in the deer yards in the cedar swamps there seems to be deer everywhere. good luck and sorry about you missing the 4 pt. unfortunately as much as we practice if you hunt long enough it happens to all of us.

Mike

Got to love the fact hunting season is back in. Going this afternoon and will hunt all weekend. Shot a doe last Friday afternoon. Poped the cherry so to speak on my new Bowtech. The swamp is flooded on my lease so I will be hunting the high ground, not all that bad because when the river floods it pushed alot of game up the hill. Talked to my buddy yesterday and he was on the lease said he saw lots of tracks on the roads. Looks like hogs are on the move, hope to stick some bacon this weekend. Good luck to all.

Chris

Good stuff Scott, shame about the 4 pointer, hope ya get lucky soon !!!

Back