Adjustable paracord neck loop... How to ?

herisson

Apple slicing rocking chair dweller
A paracord loop for carrying a necker is an easy, cheap, skin friendly and readily available solution. But you can also, at no additional expense, make it adjustable so you always carry the knife at the most practical height, according to use, situation, size, clothes...

Here's how I do it, simple fisherman's knot (Fred Perrin's neckers come with a sheath factory equipped that way).

Cut your paracord with 15" to 16" additional length compared to your usual loop. This will allow for a whole range of adjustment.

Thread the paracord through the sheath so you get two equal free lengths. Lay both ends out side by side.

Each end will be tied around the opposite end.

Make one simple knot, it's enough. One...

And two...

Make the knots really tight so they are able to hold the selected length but can still slide together or apart. Short / high carry...

Long / low carry...

This is clearly not a recommended solution for carrying a knife while mountainbiking, climbing, cross country running or any other activity where the loop could get caught up at speed. Don't forget paracord is stronger than your neck ! For normal daily life, this is the most comfortable and pleasant neck carry solution I have tried.

Good post, this is a knot I use often.
On my Companion currently I am using a ID badge lanyard with a breakaway. The knife is so light and easy to carry, I wanted to see how it would work.
The OP explained it well, still I thought this might help some.
http://www.animatedknots.com/doublefishermans/

Back