• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

AEBL paring knife

Stuart Davenport Knives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello everyone! I managed to finish this little guy between orders. First off, this is one of the rare GOOFS I have made, and as such will be offered at a discounted price. A bit about the knife...

It's thin AEB-L stainless steel with a full convex grind down to a "zero" edge. The handle is black g10 and secured with expoxy and corby bolts for both chemical and mechanical bond. The goof is on the right hand side of the knife at the front corby. I am always so careful to not drill out the head pocket too deep, leaving too little material for the bolt head to bite down on. Well, this time I left a bit too much, so the head stood a bit more proud than I would have liked, and a small portion of the corby head was ground off during the shaping of the handle. Oops. Well, it's a rare mistake from me, and like I said, I will lower the price a bit. It isn't super noticeable, and there is no gap or anything of the sort, everything is completely smooth. The mechanical bond at that front pin is still intact.

Sharpening was done by hand on waterstones, keeping the full convex geometry with a rocking motion. I figured it is about 12° per side, and as always, stupid sharp! Thanks for taking a look!

OAL: 8 1/4"
Blade: 4"
Handle: 4 1/4"
Thickness: 1/16" taper to tip
Grind: Full convex to zero
Edge: ~12° per side, stropped to 4 micron CBN on leather
Price: SPF (includes plastic edge guard, free USA shipping)

IMG_0278.jpg IMG_0279.jpg

Paypall preferred (samuraistuart@yahoo.com). All knives come with free shipping in the USA as well as a lifetime unconditional warranty. Something goes wrong, the knife gets repaired or replaced. I ask that the buyer be aware that most all of my knives are cutting tools and are made only for their intended use. I like to make thin, hard knives that excel at cutting and not necessarily able to take abuse. If you have any questions, feel free to DM me here or contact me by email (samuraistuart@yahoo.com). Thanks for taking a look, and follow me on Instagram at stuartalandavenport.

Last edited:
Back