AF 5.5 green canvas micarta?

macgregor22

Gold Member
When in the AF 5.5 coming out?
The one with the wider blade and green canvas micarta handle.
I know the prototype was at shot show.

You are pretty well informed :D

We are working on the engeneering. I hope, it will be able to present it in Fall.
But, this one is worth waiting for it!!!

Now I already want one, thanks for my future debts mac ;) Will make a great companion for my Hill Knives Commando :D:D:D

PS revive the Smatchet, bitte.

I was thinking about this while i was in the WC, how about releasing some of the cordura sheaths in a flecktarnmuster pattern?

The Smatchet can only be a limited edition. This is not a knife, one want to drag around. It is too big and bulky. It is definitely a great piece of history.
But we will see. Not long ago, we discontinued the mini smatched, cause the market was not interested in it anymore.

A cordura sheath in Flecktarn... sound interesting... let me think about it...

Oh yeah! SMATCHET!! Bring it on! Leo-damascus blade & nice wooden handles. Might be a tad expensive.

I sure would like that!

Kind regards,

Jos

Naa, no damascus.
Good ol 440c is fine.

See what happened with the smatchet was it was released in 440c and sold out quick, it was the rereleased in 420 and people lost interest.
If it was released it would have to be 440c.
I would carry it around, and that blade shape is proven to be a powerful chopper.

Naa, no damascus.
Good ol 440c is fine.

See what happened with the smatchet was it was released in 440c and sold out quick, it was the rereleased in 420 and people lost interest.
If it was released it would have to be 440c.
I would carry it around, and that blade shape is proven to be a powerful chopper.

You can have yours in 440C as long as they make mine in Leo Damascus. I NEED it.:D;)

Kind regards,

Jos

I geuss we all want our Smatchet fix.

BRING IT ON!

lol

I bet Böker will make you a one piece LE with pink handle, to fit with your nails and lipstift.:rolleyes:

Enough Hippie crap, mac, now bake me some pie.

Joske, if there is a (Leo) Damast version, there will be no more than 500 pieces, maybe even 100. And what do you want on the handle? Gen. Washington's dentures?:jerkit:

there will be no more than 500 pieces, maybe even 100.

Who cares? As long as one of them is MINE! And for handles, Olive wood would be nice! (i'm always dreaming up knives companies SHOULD make, I guess that's why custom knifemakers were invented, to make knives that we dream about!)

Anyway: back on topic. With all that thinking about damascus and olive wood one would forget that this thread is about the A-F dagger. I think it would look really good with micarta handles!

Kind regards,

Jos

Last edited:
I bet Böker will make you a one piece LE with pink handle, to fit with your nails and lipstift.:rolleyes:

Enough Hippie crap, mac, now bake me some pie.

Joske, if there is a (Leo) Damast version, there will be no more than 500 pieces, maybe even 100. And what do you want on the handle? Gen. Washington's dentures?:jerkit:

Well maybe they could make one with a white handle to match your flag frenchie. :D

Wait , dont say anything. Eat a croissant.

I would like to see what the smatchet looks like with green canvas micarta.
The plastic got alittle old.

Gentleman, there was a limited edition of the large Smatchet, with canvas micarta handles and the typical grooves in the handle. Blade was 440-C...

LMAO mac, and thanks for ordering my breakfast, yum yum.

What will the price be for a canvas micarta 440C Smatchet? €200-300?

Back