Aftermarket standoffs for Crooked River

Anybody know where to source these and the size needed? I know I've seen some pics of pimped Crooked Rivers on here (maybe from Keyman) with standoffs installed. A forum search has yielded me no results, however, hence this thread.

I have one incoming and would like to eventually ditch the orange g10 backspacer. Thanks in advance!

You're looking for .175".
However, I have found no source for .175" standoffs
So, I buy the .190's and then shorten them to .175" myself.

f91d91c78a7d2810b083014f3a82d54e.jpg

1ea132eadca298437cbbd3a781137466.jpg

You're looking for .175".
However, I have found no source for .175" standoffs
So, I buy the .190's and then shorten them to .175" myself.

I know this threads a little old, but would you be willing to alter and sell the standoffs and if so, how much? I've been really bummed since they discontinued the 710 - it's my favorite folder and I only have one, so I'm kinda hesitant to use it. Next best is the crooked river, but that backspacer... lol

Otherwise, would you mind describing how to trim the standoffs, please? I have no tools, but might be able to borrow hand tools. I dont have any cool friends with power tools.

Last edited:
I know this threads a little old, but would you be willing to alter and sell the standoffs and if so, how much? I've been really bummed since they discontinued the 710 - it's my favorite folder and I only have one, so I'm kinda hesitant to use it. Next best is the crooked river, but that backspacer... lol

Otherwise, would you mind describing how to trim the standoffs, please? I have no tools, but might be able to borrow hand tools. I dont have any cool friends with power tools.

Is your issue the color or the stand off itself? I died mine black.

It's with the color. I've seen some tutorials using rit dye, but have also heard that it can wear off if you carry it every day. Have you had any issues with that, or is it holding up?

It's with the color. I've seen some tutorials using rit dye, but have also heard that it can wear off if you carry it every day. Have you had any issues with that, or is it holding up?

Man, I didn't keep the knife long enough to know. With that being said I'm looking at picking up a another as I kinda miss the big fellow in my pocket. lol

Keyman Keyman if I get another what do you charge for the stand offs or a back spacer made of black G10. Dying the G10 was somewhat of a pain in the @$$. Feel free to pm me brother!

Back