Aggro Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
We live in a culture where everyones feelings matter. So if someone gets butt hurt we have to change a law or put rules in place. Frigging joke and the reason why America is a declining power.

I come here because the HEST is a great knife, your books have good information and it's interesting to see which product you're bringing on next. The problem with this place is the drama. You're pretty thinned skinned my friend. We get it. You're going to dangerous places and singly handedly defeating the terrorists. A better plan however may be to invite them all here to the forum. With that many "I's" and "Me's" in one post it's sure to bore them all to death.

Pretty much that. It's like a freakin' soap opera in here.

RYP. Ken is a "Super Moderator". Regardless of what you think of the term, he's assigned to oversee all the forums and to steer forum mods towards BFC policy and etiquette if needed. I'm guessing the PM you got was a bit more than "You're a bad bad mod." and he did send whatever it was privately instead of going full on drama queen for everyone to see, and the response probably should have followed suit.

If you wanna see this drama played out openly and how silly it looks to an outsider, look at the Strider forum in the archives. This thread seems to be headed down that same road. This forum could be great with all the new stuff coming up, but some of the posters and yourself need to harden up a bit and stop taking every question or advice as if someone's trying to bang your girl. I get the credentials, but you're coming off as touchier than prom night and the mob mentality is following along. Deep breaths. Take it for what it's worth.

Ken and I have rubbed each other the wrong way in the past but he's a super mod here and he does enforce the rules of the forum pretty much across the board and fairly. The one thing I will say about all the super mods and the owner of Bladeforums is they're fair.

so, i'm guessing that the Black Flag Cafe isn't a Henry Rollins fan site with the amps turned up to 11 and lots of spoken word lyrics/poetry, but more the kind of thing H. L. Mencken would condone?

or perhaps a melange of the two?

either way, i'll have to check it out soon. sounds like a properly wretched hive of scum and villainy! :D

so, i'm guessing that the Black Flag Cafe isn't a Henry Rollins fan site with the amps turned up to 11 and lots of spoken word lyrics/poetry, but more the kind of thing H. L. Mencken would condone?

or perhaps a melange of the two?

either way, i'll have to check it out soon. sounds like a properly wretched hive of scum and villainy! :D

I wonder how many people looking for a Black Flag forum stumbled on the Black Flag Cafe:D

If you wanna see this drama played out openly and how silly it looks to an outsider, look at the Strider forum in the archives. This thread seems to be headed down that same road. This forum could be great with all the new stuff coming up, but some of the posters and yourself need to harden up a bit and stop taking every question or advice as if someone's trying to bang your girl. I get the credentials, but you're coming off as touchier than prom night and the mob mentality is following along. Deep breaths. Take it for what it's worth.

That's what I was thinking.
The thin-skinned calling others thin-skinned is what it looks like to someone who doesn't care much one way or the other.

Super Moderator - The fact of the matter is this thing was resolved days ago between the two parties involved. If further action was needed i'm sure it would have been taken at the time the conversation was had. Everyone else can pretty much ef' off as far as im concerned. Your opinions, interventions, interjections etc. are not needed or appreciated. Conversations get heated when people are passionate about something they believe in, as a product designer I can fully relate. Besides i think it was said best here "Just a reminder you are in a Hostile Environment Survival forum". RYP.

RYP, No hard feelings from my end, we both said our piece and put the topic to bed like a hooker on superbowl weekend. The only reason I even know about Blade Forums is because of the H/F..and to be honest DPX id the only reason I would continue to come here. If you go to BFC I'll come Troll around over there too, as long as youre posting product info and updates like you do here.

Adios Mofos

We also are running tours to war zones, publishing books on survival and launching soft gear, tools and gizmos. All based on my experience in shit holes.

When will the shit hole gizmos be available to pre-order?

I think we need an intervention by Oprah. She'll know what to do.....

RYP, please keep your cool it is not worth it to loose it for a nobody. Remember there are always those who have nothing better to do than to try to gain notoriety by destroying reputations - Mother Theresa had hers - if she could be attacked, anyone can. Now I am not making you out to be a saint......

There are legions of us who appreciate what you are doing and the new things you are bringing to bear. (not bare....)

Cheers

My my, what a pleasant man.:rolleyes:

Self-Assured comes to mind, which is actually a strength especially when operating in hostile conditions. I'd say he fits in..

And stop rolling your eyes! One day they'll stay like that and you'll have to tilt your head down just to pee..

Self-Assured comes to mind, which is actually a strength especially when operating in hostile conditions. I'd say he fits in..

Actually, resorting to telling people to "ef off" is the hallmark of an insecure person who has the need to establish him or herself on the perceived pecking order.

In an actual "hostile situation", those who remain calm are the ones who prevail.

He may fit in here though...I'll grant you that one.

THREE_STOOGES_CURLY.jpg

Adios Mofos

What double standard?
Care to spell it out for my simple brain?

Surely, Shirley.

RYP said this:
With all due respect remember that if you were talking to me in person you would have snot and blood coming out of both sides of your face. The internet does not protect you from the boogeyman.

Don't make shit up. And then say stupid things about the stupid things you made up.

Remember we/I can always find you. That's my speciality. Hunting down people. Even customers who want refunds.

If you make shit up and then talk shit about it. You will bleed and cry. Even if its only internet blood and snot.

RYP

You said nothing.

RYP also said this:
when the snot bubbles coming out of your nose pop, do they make whining noises?

You still said nothing.

Reflexred said this:
Everyone else can pretty much ef' off as far as im concerned. Your opinions, interventions, interjections etc. are not needed or appreciated.

Your panties get scrunched and you said this:
My my, what a pleasant man.:rolleyes:

In terms of pure maturity, Reflexred makes RYP look like a 7 year old who just found out what spitballs were. Yet you choose to call Reflexred out...:confused:

Simple enough for you?

"You're pretty thinned skinned my friend"

As I said, the only thing I ask people not to do is state something that isn't true then start a comment on it. I do not believe in censorship but I think its important to correct any discussions that aren't based on facts. Those that know me know I don't get mad, I just take care of business and move on.

I have never lost my cool. I just hum along.

I think ReflexRed has an extremely healthy attitude. You take yer Gunny Hartman tongue lashing, enjoy and learn from it.

And yes the sole reason I am here is that I am official company representation. I am not pretending to be anything other than me answering questions as best I can. And as honestly as I like.

As I said, the only thing I ask people not to do is state something that isn't true then start a comment on it. I do not believe in censorship but I think its important to correct any discussions that aren't based on facts. Those that know me know I don't get mad, I just take care of business and move on.

Did Reflexred do that? To me it looked like he had questions and wanted answers. What discussions did he have that weren't based on fact?

Surely, Shirley.

RYP said this:

You said nothing. right, when I wasn't paying attention to the thread.
RYP also said this:

You still said nothing. See above.

Reflexred said this: Right, which I saw

Your panties get scrunched Pure class all the way there

In terms of pure maturity, Reflexred makes RYP look like a 7 year old who just found out what spitballs were. Yet you choose to call Reflexred out...:confused:

Calling out? Just pointing out unnecessary rudeness given that many were supporting him in this thread, including ME if you look at what I posted a little bit back IN THIS THREAD.

Simple enough for you?

Pleasant.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back