Air Compressor took a crap (again) Knuckles delayed

Mark Terrell

BANNED
Just thought I'd let everyone know, my air compressor took a crap for like the 5th time now... I had to order a gasket kit and replacement head for it and they won't be here till Tuesday/Wed...

Sorry for the delay guys, I have to have it to be able to finish the knuckles (carbon fiber), they'll be a bit behind...

My apologies for that, but isn't it Murphy's law that when you really are going on something that it is bound to have an issue.....

MT

Mark,
When things are going good something always seems to happen like that. Hopefully repairing the air compressor won't be to bad.

Aaron

It just sucks b/c I use it to clean my shop as well and I'm very adamant about keeping my shop clean... It's also a time wasting mother to work on it.....

MT

Maybe pick up a back up pancake air compressor...It probably doesnt have the power for grinding and Carbon Fiber but it at least could keep the shop clean....

and trust me when I say marks shop is as clean as most resturant kitchens...:thumbup:

Yeah, I thought about that, but I need at least 90 psi for what I'm doing with it....

At any rate, I finally got notice that the part will be here tomorrow. I should be able to have the a/c back up in a few hrs time so I should be able to finish up everything by Tues/Wed.

Really sorry for the delays guys, I wish there was a way I could've expedited this....

MT

Kinda like the other question "How long is a piece of string? Too damn long" Thanks for the update.

I finished up the first 18 and they are "hitting the streets" (no pun intended).....

Funny (not really) thing is, the air compressor worked just long enough to crap again..... So I went and bought a new (good) one....

Now I've got a 200 gallon air compressor with a 10 yr on site warranty.....

To hell with the bullshit, that's the last "cheap" tool I owned, and it was good to see it go....

MT

Cool deal Mark..is mine on the way with the other stuff?

I only buy the best now why suffer with cheap stuff. ( unless its boring like lawn mowers etc.)

Prolly why I buy your knives..

Ren

Nope Ren, I'll get yours on the next run....

Andy's are on the way..

So are Haze, Op-Zero, Infidel Shootist, and a few other folks, but I didn't want to just include people's real names since I didn't know everyone's screen name....

MT

Oh, I forgot to mention, I should have at least 20-50 more done by Friday of next week.... I'm trying to get it a Iscar Mill Drill to speed up the hole cutting etc..., but we'll have to see how long that all takes....

MT

Nope Ren, I'll get yours on the next run....

Andy's are on the way..

So are Haze, Op-Zero, Infidel Shootist, and a few other folks, but I didn't want to just include people's real names since I didn't know everyone's screen name....

MT

No problems..could have used em last week though...lol..call me about that though when you get a chance..

I finished up the first 18 and they are "hitting the streets" (no pun intended).....

Funny (not really) thing is, the air compressor worked just long enough to crap again..... So I went and bought a new (good) one....

Now I've got a 200 gallon air compressor with a 10 yr on site warranty.....

To hell with the bullshit, that's the last "cheap" tool I owned, and it was good to see it go....

MT

I have lived a long life, already. And I've never been happy with a "cheap" tool ... or a "cheap" piece of furniture ... or really a "cheap" anything. It always let's me down, and at just the wrong moment.

I learned, long ago, to save for a quality example of what I needed. Life's far too short to put up with the irritation.

So true.... I spent more time and money on that damn thing and all I got out of it was a motor that kinda works and tank that's good for an extra reservoir.....

MT

Back