All my Böker blades

Out of curiosity - why the various primary bevels, and what does varying the bevels give you in terms of improvement of performance?

The different angles of bevels on the Poros is mainly intended to reduce the resistance gradually due to the immense thickness of 6.5 mm(goof on the drawing, not 6.5cm :p) The accent is at the tip, all effort is done to give it enough penetrating power while maintaining intergrity. The 20 FG degrees edge is meant for slashing purposes, and the 25 degrees HG edge is done in such fashon to make some decent edge while retaining a worthy recurve and a steady spine. Added bonus is where the two cutting edges join, the point becomes a ripping maniac. The use of primary/secundary/tertiair grinds in this effusive manner gives the blades the ability to stab, slash and rip and maybe some (light) chopping. Being the pessimist that I am, the main concerns on this design is it's weight (won't be much left after all those crazy grinds, but never done any realy calculating) and difficulty to make. There's a good reason I nickname Poros Chimera Tetra, count the incooperated styles:jerkit:

And this takes us to the Panae, which I intended to make it a modified kiridashi, but instead it becomes a knitty necker. The 50 degree ZG at the tip is intended to make it a tough pryer/penetrator, and the 35 degrees secundary edge is intended to rough cutting and at last the 20 HG edge for finer choirs. The main feature on this rascal is the 2 tanto points!!! IMO the first tanto at the tip will make a smoothier slasher while maintain it's agressiveness as a tanto, and the second tanto, boy it's gonna hurt:cool:

I do like that hook on the back. Am I right to believe it is to aid in hooking maneuvers during RGEO?
:confused: you lost me bro, which hook you mean and on which blade? And do you mean reverse grip edge out by RGEO?

Anyway I still have some other semi-finished concepts, with one more practical and less extravagant contender of the Poros but I'm distracted way too easy:D:D:D

Thanks for your enthusiasm.

Thanks for your concern and advise bro, however, I beg to differ. No, none of them is Solingen made. They're either branded Böker Plus or Magnum. Regarding price/quality-ratio, the CLB line is excellent, as the other 3 fixed blades (got the Crusader because it was on sale:p). Moreover, I don't buy every sub €100 Böker Plus/Magnum knife I come across, and I didn't think twice to pass the Valkyre and the M8 bayonet.

Anyway, I'm trying to save up for a Tirpitz Damast, but who knows?:cool:Amor fati

He MOI,

check out this thread and pictures in post #10:

http://www.messerforum.net/showthread.php?t=59694

It will only set you back approx. 500 euro:rolleyes:.

If you are looking for a cheaper one, I'd suggest you to wait 'till the internet venders have them in stock. If you can't wait (just like me:D), you can order them DIREKTLY from Böker. You will pay more, but you don't have to wait. Same goes for my Rampage:p

Must be an "M" thing...

MOI and Maarten...you guys are nutz. In a good way of course!!!:p

I swear, reading your posts to each other alleviates a LOT of the stress I endure on a daily in HELL. Thanks guys!

God bless!!!:cool:

And in his 90's men without a brain.. Like all of us:D

Off topic chad here's tha rampage vid;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okiLYXrSDfI

embedding does not work always and i'm not knowledged enough to decrypt the string..

Reverse grip too:D

I would grind of a bit in the recoil department . Otherwize excellent i think.
;)

And in his 90's men without a brain.. Like all of us:D

Off topic chad here's tha rampage vid;

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/okiLYXrSDfI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/okiLYXrSDfI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Reverse grip too:D

I would grind of a bit in the recoil department . Otherwize excellent i think.
;)

Hey bro,

You got one of these yet?:confused:

Nope.

To many blades to little money. It's all about priority i think. I like it but for me more like a bed stand SD purpose one. As you know i'm not in actual service anymore. So no need. The blade shape cuts well i think however i would only keep fixed like this one strictly for home security and in case of WO 3 & Zombies popping out of the playground grass.

Practicly speakin i rather would opt for the Savana in Bohler steel as a outdoor camp other purpose fixed. I like the way you designed the MPT Multiple Purpourse Tanto . Heck of an SD back up .
;)

Last edited:
Back