Aluminum-Handled WWIIs

Has anybody used one of these khukuris? I was just wondering, since (to me, anyway) aluminum is a unique choice for handle material. How does it compare to brass-handled khukuris?

Bob

Hey there Bob. Just got one, a couple of days ago. One word? WOW!!! It is beautifully balanced and very comfortable to the hand. I used it yesterday to clear some scrub and saplings - oak, willow, alder and various fairly tough stringy growth for about an hour. Really easy on the hand. I didn't wear a glove. Doesn't get slippery with sweat, and very important, doesn't make your hand stink! David:)

David: Glad to see the Aluminum WW is serving you well. Marya has tried to get us to stop carrying it, as we don't sell very many. However, it's such a good khukuri that for those few who do order one, it's worth having them around. The video, which shows an aluminum handle being cast, is scheduled to be completed in October. We're done with the rough draft - we just have to smooth out the corners.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Well, I certainly am a big fan! Maybe you should find a 'nicer' image to use on the site. I was surprised to find how easy on the eye it actually is... the white metal, the brass work. One glance tells me that this is a serious, heavy-duty tool, yet the inherent aesthetic beauty of the khurkuri is not impaired. Form and function. The perfect marriage...:cool

Back