An Exciting First, A Rarity, and Knives for Sale!

Hi Andy,

What is the "Tuxedo Configuration Handle" on the Bushboot about? Is it more of a meltdown design to make the corners and ends smoother?

Thank you kindly.

Mark

Tuxedo Configuration is the black scales w nat accessories. Looks very formal to me.

Wow...I was way off. Thank you Andy. I still can't get over how comfy that handle looks.

Hi Andy,

I'll take the natural canvas Hiking Buddy, no sheath please.

Incidentally, it was I who called you two weeks back and bought the Handy Knife. The post office lost it not once, but twice! It did finally show up the day before yesterday, and it was worth the wait. I'm quite pleased with it. So much so that I've had to register here to make feeding the addiction easier.

Thanks,
Josh

I'll take the three finger joe also Andy!

Thank you!!!!! I think you'll like it. That Cocobolo is something else on that one!

I'd like to tell everyone that the 3 Finger Joe is the best in the Joe line. I'm super impressed with it lately, and will be making myself one to carry. After the success of the Bow Legged Joe, it suprises me that they hang around as it is a much better tool. It has the same blade as the Bow Legged Joe, with a much more usable handle.

Hi Andy,

I'll take the natural canvas Hiking Buddy, no sheath please.

Incidentally, it was I who called you two weeks back and bought the Handy Knife. The post office lost it not once, but twice! It did finally show up the day before yesterday, and it was worth the wait. I'm quite pleased with it. So much so that I've had to register here to make feeding the addiction easier.

Thanks,
Josh

Thank you Josh! That is a really pretty little HB. Are you a Scandi able guy? I'm really glad you like the little Handy knife. I'm glad it got to you too. Was it anything to do with the packaging? Or was the PO just being the PO? (Incidentally folks, I've never had a package actually get lost by the PO. Knock on wood.)

Great lookin' batch Andy! got any large paw hunters in the works? lemme know & thanks

Hey Jim. While I've not done any massive handled ones, I've done a few really gorgeous ones for Blade Show. When should I start posting the pic and teaser threads?

I'd like to tell everyone that the 3 Finger Joe is the best in the Joe line. I'm super impressed with it lately, and will be making myself one to carry. After the success of the Bow Legged Joe, it suprises me that they hang around as it is a much better tool. It has the same blade as the Bow Legged Joe, with a much more usable handle.

Hey Jim. While I've not done any massive handled ones, I've done a few really gorgeous ones for Blade Show. When should I start posting the pic and teaser threads?

Andy, I love the look of the 3 Fingered Joe. I'll get one, one of these days....

I'm down for a Pic and Teaser thread any time that you're ready to start posting it.

Hi Andy,

I think the shipping problem was all on the P.O. According to the tracking information, it hung out in Atlanta for 5 days, then when it finally got to Idaho the sorting station sent it to the wrong local P.O. Then back to the sorting station and finally to me. The box arrived undamaged. It was properly and clearly addressed and postage paid, so I don't think that was an issue. There was a sticker on the back stating it arrived at Boise open....but it had passed through there twice and there was no way to tell which time the sticker had been applied. The contents were unmolested. Also, they attached some postage due, but I had a chat with the postmaster about that. ;)

Regarding the Hiking Buddy, yeah, I'm no stranger to Scandi. My first fixed blade was a Mora (hard to believe that was over 30 years ago!) and probably because of that early experience I tend to prefer the scandi grind.

I would like to purchase it without the sheath, though, so please shoot me a price. I'm a lefty, so the standard stuff doesn't work so well for me...and there aren't a lot of alternatives. I've been making my own for years. Admittedly, though, I'm just a hack compared to the excellent craftsmanship displayed by the fellows who post here. By the way, the Rick Lowe sheath that came with the Handy Knife is VERY classy.

Thanks,
Josh

That bushboot is a great looking knife ! You said you made a few of them ?

Hi Andy,

I think the shipping problem was all on the P.O. According to the tracking information, it hung out in Atlanta for 5 days, then when it finally got to Idaho the sorting station sent it to the wrong local P.O. Then back to the sorting station and finally to me. The box arrived undamaged. It was properly and clearly addressed and postage paid, so I don't think that was an issue. There was a sticker on the back stating it arrived at Boise open....but it had passed through there twice and there was no way to tell which time the sticker had been applied. The contents were unmolested. Also, they attached some postage due, but I had a chat with the postmaster about that. ;)

Regarding the Hiking Buddy, yeah, I'm no stranger to Scandi. My first fixed blade was a Mora (hard to believe that was over 30 years ago!) and probably because of that early experience I tend to prefer the scandi grind.

I would like to purchase it without the sheath, though, so please shoot me a price. I'm a lefty, so the standard stuff doesn't work so well for me...and there aren't a lot of alternatives. I've been making my own for years. Admittedly, though, I'm just a hack compared to the excellent craftsmanship displayed by the fellows who post here. By the way, the Rick Lowe sheath that came with the Handy Knife is VERY classy.

Thanks,
Josh

Hey Josh. Knock off $40 for the sheath. Thanks!

That bushboot is a great looking knife ! You said you made a few of them ?

Yes. The third is in the Blade Show batch. Maroon linen on nat can w white stripe and pretty swedges.

Thanks,
Josh

Hey Josh, I'm one of the gents that supplies Andy with sheaths. All right handed sheaths, but will gladly make someone a lefty upon request. If you don't want to make you own this time, I can whip you up a Lefty HikingBuddy sheath for $47 delivered in the USA (international might be extra). BTW I'm starting to stock left handed sheaths, got a Lefty Bushcrafter right now and soon will have a lefty HB when I get the chance between orders. :) Just FYI.

Though making your own is always fun. ;)

Thank you!!!!! I think you'll like it. That Cocobolo is something else on that one!

Thank you Josh! That is a really pretty little HB. Are you a Scandi able guy? I'm really glad you like the little Handy knife. I'm glad it got to you too. Was it anything to do with the packaging? Or was the PO just being the PO? (Incidentally folks, I've never had a package actually get lost by the PO. Knock on wood.)

I'm ready to seein' em'....post away Andy!

Thanks, Andy. Payment is on the way.

Mr. Ellsworth, thanks for the offer. I will give it a go myself first, but if I botch it too badly I'll contact you. I have been reading through some old threads, and really admire your work.

Josh

Thanks, Andy. Payment is on the way.

Mr. Ellsworth, thanks for the offer. I will give it a go myself first, but if I botch it too badly I'll contact you. I have been reading through some old threads, and really admire your work.

Josh

Josh, Enjoy your new Fiddleback Knives. So far I only own a 12" Machete and Carver but have worked with others. The handles are amazing! The Hiking buddy that you snagged looks really nice!

Thanks for the compliment! :) Let me know if you need anything.

Oddly enough I was drawn to your knives by the ergos of the "3" But haven't owned one till now. Looks like it's going to be my jobsite sidekick.

Hey Andy....
I got a nice piece of Axis antler on the work bench if you're interested.....I use it mainly for knapped blades but would work great cut in half and worked for one of yours too.

I've been out of town until just now. I've only been able to see the forum on my phone. (bad signal as well) This is the first full size image I've seen the bone Hiking Buddy. That is exceptional Andy!

I am a huge fan of bone and stag handled knives. A bone handled Fiddleback?? It doesn't get any better!!

The bone handled beauty is headed my way. :)

Thanks Andy!!

Oddly enough I was drawn to your knives by the ergos of the "3" But haven't owned one till now. Looks like it's going to be my jobsite sidekick.

I've love to see more pictures of your 3 Fingered Joe after you get it. By the way, thanks for buying it. I was sorely tempted and couldn't afford one just now.

Back