An introduction and an axe throwing video

First off, I feel an introduction is in order. My name is Avery Pierce, and I am an avid thrower. I've been lurking here for quite awhile and thought it was time to do a post. I recently finished another video on tomahawk throwing, this involves using a knfe as well. I thought I'd put it up here and get some feedback on whether y'all feel that its helpful.

[youtube]g1BLn735RQM[/youtube]

This is a bit of a more tough throw, but I also have other videos on the basics, sharpening, etc. And, there is a blooper reel. I won't post it in here due to the language thats in it, I'll just post a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2sRRMvfhRE

So, I hope that this is helpful, and if you have any questions, please ask.

Avery

Last edited:
First off, I feel an introduction is in order. My name is Avery Pierce, and I am an avid thrower. I've been lurking here for quite awhile and thought it was time to do a post. I recently finished another video on tomahawk throwing, this involves using a knfe as well. I thought I'd put it up here and get some feedback on whether y'all feel that its helpful.

[youtube]g1BLn735RQM[/youtube]

This is a bit of a more tough throw, but I also have other videos on the basics, sharpening, etc. And, there is a blooper reel. I won't post it in here due to the language thats in it, I'll just post a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkWdqfI04jU&feature=player_embedded

So, I hope that this is helpful, and if you have any questions, please ask.

Avery
Now you went and mussed up that pretty finish on your Damascus Hawk,pretty good video Avery

Thanks fellas, y'all make a man feel welcome. And Steve, you ought to have known I couldn't resist the urge to throw it! As for other videos, I already have a few. If folks would like me to, I'll start a thread with them and get some feedback on how helpfull they are.

When I throw my hawks (rifleman's hawk and Norse hawk), I always throw the knives as well. Sometimes I will throw the first hawk at 50 feet, then another throw at about 30, then 20, then 12 ish. The family is no longer impressed when I get three or 4 sticks while moving toward the target. I guess I need to start throwing at people with fruit on their heads. (just kidding, I would never try that).

It is one of my favorite past times!

great video's.

Good job, but it looks weird all goofy footed.

I moved to town and am afraid of freaking out all the little old lady neighbors on the block..... they would say "that giant guy is throwing stuff again.

I agree on the bigger throwing knife, those small 6 and 8 inch "toys" they sell aren't for me, they bounce off, not enough weight to thunk and stick.

Thanks and put the bloopers back up, we can all stand some colorful mountain man talkin'. Pat

Hey Avery! Welcome and good to see you "over here"! Love the new video, as well as the old ones too.:D

Avery- I watched the axe/ knives video first and decided that you were the man. Then I watched the bloopers and realized that you're still the man. That was good stuff. Thanks for putting it up. I'd like to put in my vote for an instructional video thread if you have the time.

Wesley

Avery- I watched the axe/ knives video first and decided that you were the man. Then I watched the bloopers and realized that you're still the man. That was good stuff. Thanks for putting it up. I'd like to put in my vote for an instructional video thread if you have the time.

Wesley

Sure, I can find the time. all depends on what folks would like to see and learn. Plus, I'm kinda a newcomer around here and don't want to step on anybodies toes.

Thanks for the videos Avery they are really helpful. I just got a spike hawk from coal creek forge and I agree he does the best job around!

Back