• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Angel pro jig

The Angle Pro jig is a magnetic jig that holds the blade at the set angel for flat grinding when used in conjunction with the included 18" work rest and nonmagnetic platten it will make grinding straight equal bevel grinds fast and easy. I have had students that had never used a grinder grind near perfect blades on their first attempt.

I came up with this idea while trying to make a dagger. It worked so well and with repeatable results I now use it all the time.
I can make them for most any kind of belt grinder

Typical package for a KMG style grinder will include
18" work rest with 12" arm
Angle Pro jig
Non magnetic platten

Price $150.00 + $20.00 shipping

Last edited:
Gary I sold one to a knife maker that said it did. I tried one blade and it may have been me but I didn't like the way the tip came out. But I need to experiment with it some more. In a regular flat grind as you get to the point you pull the handle towards you. I am thinking on a hollow grind I might have to do this more so. Also my rest was too high and made the edge too thin.

How about a 12.5 degree angle for a Scandi grind? Very interested. Can I buy just one of your long non magnetic tool rests for a KMG?

Last edited:
I had just made a long post and when I hit send I found out that the site was down.

to Shaw Blades 12 degrees would be no problem. It will adjust from zero to as much as you need. Or if your grinder is like mine you could adjust the platen .
But honestly it has plenty of adjustment, I often set it to zero to tapper the tang.

As you attach the tang area to the magnetic jig when making blades for folders you would need to grind the blade and then cut off the pivot end. That should not be a problem, but it might be different from what you are used to.

The whole package works together to dissipate heat from the blade. I have a video grinding a cpm154cm blade completely post HT. I was amazed at how long I could grind with out having to cool the blade.

And you need the long work rest to support the jig and the platen needs to be made of aluminum 1/2" thick as the magnets are quite strong.

But if someone wants to make their own rest and platen I would sell just the jig for $90.00 +6.00 for shipping

Can you post a picture of everything that comes in the package? Or better can you e-mail it to me? Also will it work on my Bader B-III ?

Hi Jim, I've got sketches all over the shop for a jig I have been thinking of making but it looks like you did all the work for me. Thanks! I'll take a full set-up, please. send me an email at kevincross@comcast.net on how you would like to be paid and we will get this in the works.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, I have everything in stock. Just need info on type of grinder

Message sent
Hi Jim, I've got sketches all over the shop for a jig I have been thinking of making but it looks like you did all the work for me. Thanks! I'll take a full set-up, please. send me an email at kevincross@comcast.net on how you would like to be paid and we will get this in the works.

Kevin

Any more? If so, I'll take one. Daniel Moye

Yes I have enough materials in stock to make 10 with much of the work already done.
just send me an emal telling me what kind of grinder you have, and I'll get any other information I need.

best way to pay is PayPal just send me your email address, mailing address including name and I will send you invoice when it is ready to ship.
Or you can send check or money order when placing order.

I guess everyone knows by now I'm an idiot and cant spell....... It's ANGLE PRO NOT ANGEL PRO LOL
And I have seen platten spelled with one or two "t"s not shure which is correct.

Back