Announcement: History Channel's "Tactical to Practical" and American Tomahawk

On November 15th, be sure to tune in to History Channel's "Tactical to Practical" with Hunter Ellis...featured guests on the program include...

Kelly Worden of Natural Spirit
Robert Humelbaugh of Survival Sheath Systems
Jeff Conti of 19th SFG
Soldiers from an unidentified SF unit
Local fire service of Pierce County, WA
...and yours truly for American Tomahawk.

The schedule as it has been reported to me is as follows...

11PM-12AM Pacific/Eastern
10-11 PM Central
9-10PM Mountain

Folks should check their specific cable carrier nonetheless. For example, on DirecTV, TTP usually airs at 8PM PT.

See you on the History Channel!!!

Excellent news! I heard Mr. Humelbaugh talk about this on Kelly Worden's radio show a few weeks back and have been looking forward to it ever since. Thanks for the scheduling info, Andy!

Say, Andy, when are we going to get together and do some whip cracking and tomahawk throwing? We talked about this about a year ago and nothing ever came of it. I promise you that cutting targets with a whip is just as cool as sticking a hawk. Shoot an email on over here, man. :cool:

Eventho' 11pm is past my bedtime on a work night, you can bet your butt that I'll be watching it anyway!..That'll be excellent to watch!

So far so good...here in CST, it is almost over.

I must say I'm impressed with the coverage.
Great stuff on the VTAC- poppin' tires, breaking locks, and H2H combat!

Great show last night Andy. It's nice to put a face to your name. They did have pretty good coverage on the VTAC. If I didn't already have one then that show would have made me get one.
silas

Andy,

Awesome show, brother! Washington looks like it agrees with you. Nice job.

Best,

Brian.

That was a great show last night! I loved watching Kelly Worden do his thing and the fire department break and rake the vehicle. My only complaint was that the knife and tomahawk segment was way too short! I could watch a whole series on that stuff! Luckily I have a DVR so I can watch it over and over again...frame x frame... :cool: LOL

I do have a question though. Maybe I missed the explanation but what is the reasoning behind the FD puncturing the tires on the van?

Thanks for the warm remarks everyone...

As it has been explained to me, tire immobilization is an SOP for vehicle extrications. Before rescue personnel enters a vehicle under those conditions, it is my understanding that tires and glass must be disabled and rendered harmless to ensure everyone's safety on-scene.

Hey Guys,,,
I would like to thank Andy Prisco for facilitating the participation of my team of "Wortac" knife instructors in the "Tactical to Practical" program.

It was an enjoyable experience and especially exciting seeing the positive results of the S.F. training program.

In the last 4 years I have had the pleasure of sharing a great deal of tactical strategies with hundreds of serious S.F. Soldiers who put their heart and soul into becoming better men by training in edged, impact, improvised weapons and empty hand concepts of hand to hand combat.

Big thanks to them, Andy, and Robert Humelbaugh for maintaining a solid professional direction to assist in the preservation of a strong American,,,,

The American Way of Life

Respectfully, Kelly S. Worden

Gentlemen, I was quite surprised to see you on t.v.! i was just channel surfing and got lucky. Well done!

Bullwhip said:
That was a great show last night! I loved watching Kelly Worden do his thing and the fire department break and rake the vehicle. My only complaint was that the knife and tomahawk segment was way too short!
Agreed...It could have been ALOT longer of a segment of the show, and it could have been near the start of the program, rather than the last 15 or 20 minutes.

But it was COOL, seeing Robert, Kelly, and Andy on TV!...And Robert looks alot different than I pictured him to look.:).

BTW...Kelly, I noticed that you guys were training with the Gerber LMF...It's a damn shame that Gerber (Fiskars) saw fit to DC the LMF and BMF as those were two excellent blades!

Hey Andy. What are the odds of the History Channel letting you load the section with you onto your website so you have another demonstration of someone using one of your 'hawks? Also, you wouldn't happen to have some sort of payment/lay-a-way option for someone who wants one of your new 'hawks but can't fork over the lump sum yet, do you? :D

nothing like watching kelly worden "eating green berets for breakfast" in my swarzenegger voice. :D
just kidding and an awesome show

Thanks to the magic of Tivo, I have seen this show a dozen times, at this point.
It never gets old.

rooikat said:
Thanks to the magic of Tivo, I have seen this show a dozen times, at this point.
It never gets old.

Is there any way you can convert the Tivo data to mpeg or avi? I can host it if you're able. I missed the show. :(

Back