(Another) Chinese Folder Q.

G'day Sal,

Welcome back, you've been sorely missed
smile.gif

Is there any chance of the new lock from the Gunting finding its way into the Chinese Folder?

Take care,

------------------
Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow....in Australia it's tomorrow already.

Thanx Clay - Good to me back. On the Chinese folder, probably not on the first run. It would put us back to square one on engineering and we'd lose another 8 months.

sal

[This message has been edited by Sal Glesser (edited 03-15-2000).]

Fair enough Sal. I've been waiting for the Chinese Folder for so long now, I don't think I could bear to wait another 8 months. Not only that but I keep spending the money I saved to buy it on other knives and have to start saving all over again.

BTW any chance of a picture of the Chinese prototype soon, just to keep the saliva flowing
smile.gif

------------------
Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow....in Australia it's tomorrow already.

Clay, It should be well worth the wait. I got to handle the prototype at the ECCKS show last weekend. Bob Lum had it at his table. A very sweet knife!

------------------
~ JerryO ~

Cogito Cogito Ergo Cogito Sum

I also have been waiting since Blade Show '98 for the Chinese folder. I don't want to wait an extra 8 months either. Please, please, please release this knife soon!!
smile.gif

Blades

Hey Jerry- Pretty sweet knife! I had a really hard time putting it down. I asked about the Spyderco & Mr. Lum just grinned at me... Mr. Glesser, we are waiting as patiently as humanly possible- you're going to have a bunch of happy customers when this one is released!

------------------
Runs With Scissors
AKTI# A000107

Yes Blades, I think we got bitten by the Chinese Folder bug about the same time. I seem to remember you posting to a thread where I was asking Dexter about the '98 Blade Show prototypes. Says a lot for the design if we're still lusting after it so far down the track. Or does it say something about us
biggrin.gif

------------------
Clay

Mr. Kesting,
Well I like to think that its a great design, and that its normal to be still wanting a knife after almost two years.
smile.gif
Its like ordering a custom blade, some times you have to wait a loooong time for the best knives.

Blades

I agree, sooner is better. This design has been a personal favorite for a long time and does have a history.

Lynn Thompson bought the design originally from Bob Lum, so I backed off. When Bob & I saw that Lynn wasn't going to use it. I asked Lynn to sell the design to Spyderco.

Lynn and I have been friends for many years. I have always found him to be honorable, in addition to my apprecation for his passion for quality.

Lynn said he had no plans for it so he sold it to Spyderco for his investment. Bob & I proceeded from there.

Though I know most collectors dislike plastic knives, I believe that the Lum Chinese folder may be popular enough to produce a FRN version. Time will tell.

sal

Rugger, Well I liked it so much that I ordered a large version direct from Bob Lum (don't worry Sal I want a Spyderco version as well) It looks like the Ultimate PB & J knife! Slices and Spreads
wink.gif
You know in a 6" blade it would make a great folding chef's knife!

------------------
~ JerryO ~

Cogito Cogito Ergo Cogito Sum

JerryO
Congrats! I know you'll like it- I wish my pockets were deep enough to swing something like that! The ultimate PB & J knife? Absolutely!! I spend a good amount of time in the kitchen & the 6" Lum would make pretty much the ultimate folding chef's knife. I'll just have to wait for the production model- Thanx Sal for hearing our cries of distress!

------------------
Runs With Scissors
AKTI# A000107

Back