another hog down

kalama

Gold Member
nice boar wish he had bigger choppers,used my barkriver canadian sportsman to dispatch,field dress,skin an debone this hog,he was some good eats,,i like to thank tama my american bulldog an the crew for grabing this bad boy for me..:thumbup:

079.jpg

029-1.jpg

028-1.jpg

024-2.jpg

023-2.jpg

022-2.jpg

021-2.jpg

thats my wifes toy chi....funny thing is she thinks she runs everything,we call her the queen witch:D:D
067.jpg

good job kalama, i think the yams & fruit they eat in hawaii make the hogs tastier. in tex. some hunters use a 22 short to top of head & while he is stunned finish off with the big knife. others get the dogs to hold hog by the ears & use the knife only. as your pics show those tusks can disembowel a dog or take a man's calf muscle off in a sec.last year a young fellow was attacked by a 670 ib. boar & his heavy duluth trousers saved his femoral. they came with dogs next day & blew that sucker off the earth.
dennis good skinning job kalama

Kalama, Nice one! Nice job skinning that guy out. Whats your secret for keeping the flies away? Every "wet work" pic of game I take looks gross cause of the flies:D Your pics are great, thanks for sharing.:thumbup:

i've only had one hog that i offed by cutting the neck arteries. a newbie would be surprised how deep in the major arteries are located. a look at kalamas wrists will reveal that he certainly has a powerful stroke.
dennis

Back