Another new flipper, the Blast2

Let me know what you guys think of this new version of the Blast. I took off the thumb ramp but I will still add jimping on the spine.
S7302672_zps9676520a.jpg

S7302669_zpsf574f693.jpg

To be completely honest, I'm not crazy about it. I love your work Ray, and what does it for me on the Blast is the blade. It's just so mean looking in comparison to your other, very utilitarian and simple looking blade designs (which are excellent I might add, but just don't work on the Blast). I really love the ricasso, slight recurve, thumb ramp, 3/4 grind, and the overall shape of the blade on it, which this new version lacks making it seem a little bland to me. But this is just my opinion, and all that matters is if you are happy with it, because it is your artwork that came from your imagination and I respect and appreciate that immensely.

Rob, thank you for your honesty. I really appreciate it... That's the kind of stuff I need. You're right this is more utilitarian and more practical which is what I was after.

No problem brother, I always try to offer something constructive rather than a "I don't like it" or "I like it" when I have an opinion, and I'm glad that you can appreciate that. A true artist cherishes criticism over praise. That being said, if utilitarian is what you were going for then I think you nailed it with this one. I think this one will appeal greatly to the everyday user rather than the collector, but regardless I'm sure the general public will eat it up like everything else you touch haha.

Ray- I love your knives.
Do you get tanto blade requests? i'd love to see you make a tanto blade.
Rolf

I like this Blast better than the original. I like your clean look, and the original Blast was not as clean looking as this new one. I really like your name on the spine of the knife, and with the original Blast that was not really possible. You should add that detail to this one. I still like the Jasmine better though, mostly because of the size.

Back