Another version of the Safari Skinner

NWA

Here is one that was made by request of a customer. It is right between the sizes of my Safari Skinner and the Short Safarri. I just posted this one up for sale in the for sale area and it is already gone, but I thought I'd still like to post it in my forum too.

IMG_2681.jpg

Here is the Short version for comparrison.

IMG_2680.jpg

Then here is the Orig. Safari Skinner
untitled.jpg

Nick:)

That's too cool. I like it a bunch. The size should be perfect for processing that big buck. I have to say that I am partial to the older makers mark though.

Nice trio covering all size prefs :thumbup: How did the youth Hunt go Nick? Put your skinners or any other blades to use?

The hunt went well, though unsucessfull. We still had fun and saw a really nice 10pt, he was just too far off.

The makers mark change was something I had to change on the blades in which there is no flat spot to stamp. I cracked a number of blades with the stamp trying to stamp on a angle. The angle being the grind angle...... It just doesn't work well. With the etch system, there is no worry of damaging the steel.
Just to clairify this further. The stamp I use needs a flat area to print correctly. When stamped on a flat, there is no worry of damage of the blade, it is only when it is on a angle.

Looks awesome as always buddy ! I actually think the new makers mark looks great and the handle on the latest knife looks very close to perfection !!!!!

The makers mark change was something I had to change on the blades in which there is no flat spot to stamp. I cracked a number of blades with the stamp trying to stamp on a angle. The angle being the grind angle...... It just doesn't work well. With the etch system, there is no worry of damaging the steel.
Just to clairify this further. The stamp I use needs a flat area to print correctly. When stamped on a flat, there is no worry of damage of the blade, it is only when it is on a angle.

The new mark surely doesn't look bad, and I completely understand the reasoning for it. :thumbup:

The safari skinner arrived on Saturday, and I am amazed at the ergonomics and overall design of this knife. In a word...., AWESOME!!! I hope to put her to some good use this Saturday on a South Georgia whitetail. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

I picked this knife up from Wicked Sharp a couple months ago on the classifieds and finally go a chance to us it last weekend on a musk ox hunt. Ergonomics were perfect. Even when wet/frozen/bloody the knife was easy to hold and control. It stayed sharp all the way through the work, in fact it's still so sharp I'm almost don't want to touch it up because I'm afraid I might mess it up.

Regrettably I only got one photo with the knife in it, when I was trying to show where the arrow passed through the heart:

muskox2010heartsmall.jpg

muskox2010small.jpg

Overall it’s an amazing knife. It's got me wanting to try out a full sized safari skinner now!

Nice shot! Glad to hear you liked the knife. I gotta ask though. Why did Wicked sell it?

Sweet pics dude

He didn’t say, and I didn’t ask. It looked like a winner to me, and he sold it to me unused. How long is the wait time to have one done?

He didn’t say, and I didn’t ask. It looked like a winner to me, and he sold it to me unused. How long is the wait time to have one done?

Sorry I missed this post. The current lead time is running 6 weeks right now

Thanks

The Safari Skinner design looks superb!
could you please advise the specs of this particular version: blade length and stock thickness.
thanks

Back