Antique Finish

NWA

This is the same knife I recently posted as "Something in Burl" I just did this one with a antiqued finish that looks pretty cool. I also laminated black and natural canvas micarta to make a pretty cool looking handle.

IMG_2955.jpg

IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_2956.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2959.jpg

Thanks for lookin
Nick:)

That looks cool Nick. My carbon knives all end up that way and I like it. WHat did you use on it?

Thanks T. It is simply gun blue and bleach. The gun blue was left to dry on the blade in an irregular pattern with little mountains of paste gun blue. Then soaked in bleach for an hour. The whole thing is then rubbed out with steel wool and oiled.

I really like it. It looks great and protects the blade too. I love the dual color scales too, that looks classy!

Very cool. I know one gun company that charges extra to put that finish on reproduction caplock revolvers.

I'm thinking I'd like that finish on the LEK you're making me, if you feel like doing another one. The patina on my Sierra Scout looks almost the same from all the use, but it would be cool to have it start out that way :)

Very cool Nick :thumbup:.

I'm really liking that slick knife, the more and more I see it :)

I'm thinking I'd like that finish on the LEK you're making me, if you feel like doing another one. The patina on my Sierra Scout looks almost the same from all the use, but it would be cool to have it start out that way :)

Copy that T. I'll take care of it:thumbup:

Thanks for all the positive feedback on this one guys. This finish really is quite interesting. I have been showing this knife off for a few days now, and all who see it, really like it.

Cool, thanks man. I keep looking at the pics, and I really like the finish. It looks almost like damascus.

I'm toying with the idea of getting that on the blade you're doing for me now. Your polished O1 looks so good though with the hamon line.... I guess I can always add something similar myself. Too many damn decisions.. and as you are well aware now, I'm wishy washy. :)

Steve

Love it. I particularily love the laminated scales. I always thought Andys(Fiddlebacks) scales were some of the nicest in the game, it's cool to see something similar.

Back