antler and iron wood

Well finaly got a little time in the new and improved shop(been renovating what used to be a milk parler into a shop) and finished this one up.

Full convex ground 5" blade of 52100 mirror polished(may do a hand rubed finish or re-etch for grain pattern, but that will be after the sheath), 3/8" nickle silver gaurd, nickle silver but cap, iron wood spacer and antler handle with blue fiber spacers. The antler has some pink under tones to it, and very little texture, just the way I like it, though there's a bit more on the right side than the left.

I was very impressed with the full convex grind, cuts very well, will have to do more like this.

Attachments

• tn_000_1182.JPG
    tn_000_1182.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 132
Looks good! Remember not to take it with you to work. I finally got my shop to the point where I can use it. Still got a heck of alot to get orginized but Its well past time to be making some knives.

I like the flow of it; evreything comes together quite nicely
Well done.
Regards,
Greg

Thanks guys, this one was forged after I had the honor of meeting and talking with Ed at the Blade show in Atlanta. From talking with him and reviewing his vidio Knife Talk, I changed my forging and grinding a little and am plesently surprised at the results. I forged on other at the same time and the same way and it went to 90deg. without a crack or wrinkle, somewhere around 100deg. it chiped out a chunk of the edge, still got a ways to go but I'm getting closer.

Back