Any Fancy Peanuts in Production?

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
I'm sure there are plenty of fancy customs, but what about regular production?

Are there any good ones out there with upgraded stainless and nice scales?

I've been Peanut shopping for a week. I looked at a bunch at the Case store yesterday. Was going to buy a red bone variety, but wasn't impressed with the ones they had in stock. I do wish more of the Case varieties came with CV steel. I've seen a couple online with some nice Damascus, but not much else.

One of my favorite stockman knives is a sweet S&M with some old-timey-looking bone scales and ATS-34 steel. Wondering if there's anything like that in the Peanut world.

I believe the Case damascus peanut has stag handles.

I'm not sure about upgraded stainless steels in productions, but there's also mother of pearl handle scales that you could consider fancy.

I believe the Case damascus peanut has stag handles.

I'm not sure about upgraded stainless steels in productions, but there's also mother of pearl handle scales that you could consider fancy.

Yup, I'm thinking about this one. If I can find a red bone with some deep red scales, I'll just go the CV route. All the scales I saw at the store the other day had red middles and whitish perimeters. This was not true of all the red bone models though. Some other patterns had nice deep red all across the scales.

On the peanut front, I found two in my possession while looking through some knives yesterday. One was my first real knife, which I honestly did not recall was a peanut. It's a nice little Boker that was lovingly used for a long time and has a nice patina on both blades. I was able to get a bit more snap in the main blade after a CLP, toothpick, and pipe cleaner treatment, but it still needs some more cleaning. I also found a one-blade Old Timer peanut that I forgot about buying here on the forums. I think I paid $10 or $12 for it. It's basically new with fantastic walk/talk and Schrade's very good 1095. I think I'm going to carry this little Schrade for a while. The Boker, I'm afraid I'd lose.

Case just added the Peanut in CV and chestnut jigged bone to the lineup...very good looking knife.

Of course you might get lucky and find a gold peanut like this one....

ZapSnap_030.png

Case just added the Peanut in CV and chestnut jigged bone to the lineup...very good looking knife.

That is a great looking knife. Thanks. That may be the one.

Only available through Shepherd Hills?

That is a great looking knife. Thanks. That may be the one.

Only available through Shepherd Hills?

Should be available through any Case Dealer...but being brand new it you might have to ask if you don't see it on a website...some folks are slow doing updates. Just ask your favorite dealer about them.

I've been Peanut shopping for a week. I looked at a bunch at the Case store yesterday. Was going to buy a red bone variety, but wasn't impressed with the ones they had in stock. I do wish more of the Case varieties came with CV steel. I've seen a couple online with some nice Damascus, but not much else.

One of my favorite stockman knives is a sweet S&M with some old-timey-looking bone scales and ATS-34 steel. Wondering if there's anything like that in the Peanut world.

Fancy production peanut. Hmmmm....

P1010054.jpg

P1010057.jpg

Sorry about the Busse content everyone...but it is Guyon. :p

Here are my two "fanciest" peanuts. Nothing special about the steel.

peanuts.jpg

The top knife is a Bear MGC with mother-of-pearl and damascus. The lower knife is a customized Camillus from Santa Fe Stoneworks.

How about a peanut with blued CV blades....scrolled bolsters and chestnut bone handle slabs? You can get these at http://www.shephills.com/.

peanut.jpg

On the peanut front, I found two in my possession while looking through some knives yesterday. One was my first real knife, which I honestly did not recall was a peanut. It's a nice little Boker that was lovingly used for a long time and has a nice patina on both blades. I was able to get a bit more snap in the main blade after a CLP, toothpick, and pipe cleaner treatment, but it still needs some more cleaning. I also found a one-blade Old Timer peanut that I forgot about buying here on the forums. I think I paid $10 or $12 for it. It's basically new with fantastic walk/talk and Schrade's very good 1095. I think I'm going to carry this little Schrade for a while. The Boker, I'm afraid I'd lose.

This is one of my favorite aspects of our shared hobby, finding that old knife and renewing appreciation for it, usually through maintainance. I get the same satisfaction with tools.

Sorry for the thread drift. :eek:

How about a peanut with blued CV blades....scrolled bolsters and chestnut bone handle slabs? You can get these at http://www.shephills.com/.

peanut.jpg

That one is on the radar too. Thanks. I am fortunate to have a Case cutlery store nearby, but when I went in two days ago, their stock had been decimated by Xmas shopping. The clerk told me that they had finally gotten their truck in and would be restocking this past weekend. I'm heading back in to have a look on Tuesday.

That one is on the radar too. Thanks. I am fortunate to have a Case cutlery store nearby, but when I went in two days ago, their stock had been decimated by Xmas shopping. The clerk told me that they had finally gotten their truck in and would be restocking this past weekend. I'm heading back in to have a look on Tuesday.

I don't think you'll find this one anyone else other than Shepherd Hills. I believe they were produced only for Shepherd Hills.

I don't think you'll find this one anyone else other than Shepherd Hills. I believe they were produced only for Shepherd Hills.

Yup. I saw that on their site. So was the chestnut bone and CV.

However, the store to which I refer is one of Shepherd Hills five B&M stores. Hopefully, they'll have some of these in stock.

How about a peanut with blued CV blades....scrolled bolsters and chestnut bone handle slabs?
Dang, that is nice. At first I was turned off by the blued blades, but in that photo they look pretty freakin' sweet.

Yup. I saw that on their site. So was the chestnut bone and CV.

However, the store to which I refer is one of Shepherd Hills five B&M stores. Hopefully, they'll have some of these in stock.

I'm so jealous.....or lucky. I'd be broke if I lived that close to one of their stores.

I just looked through Shepard Hills' peanut selection and I must say the mammoth tooth knives they are offering are outstanding! Pricy but really handsome...may have to see if I can swing one...

AE.jpg

Dang, that is nice. At first I was turned off by the blued blades, but in that photo they look pretty freakin' sweet.

I've not seen any pictures that do these justice. I love mine.....I'll probably pick up another one. Knives like this tend to find their way in to my father's pocket. He'll come over for dinner and next thing you know I'm down a knife.

:)

Queen make peanuts and reverse peanuts in MOP and Abalone
S&M also make peanuts in bone

Back