Any love for the Ranger TFI?

I gave a quick search and there seems to be limited literature on this knife.

My go to has always been to carry both a 7" and a 3" knife in the outdoors, but I needed an excuse to diversify (ie: buy more knives ;)). After keeping my eye out for knives in the 5" range I snagged a TFI.

Yky1tUl.jpg

First Impressions:
Hair shaving sharp
Beefy Handle
Great Edge Geometry.

For it being my first mid sized thicker blade I couldn't help but notice the balance

bWuAU1w.jpg

If you close your eyes while holding this blade it feels almost like you're just holding a bladeless handle. Anyway back to my question, any love for this knife? Any thoughts on the handle heavy balance of shorter thicker knives?
It's been a pleasure to handle, but I'm debating flipping it for a rat 5, tak1, etc. If I do end up keeping it, expect a full outdoor review!

I was looking at them when RD6s did a big price spike but I went with the RD Tanto. With a few RDs I got already the Tanto was some thing different so I went with it.

The blade angle on the TFI does look like it will help with cutting tasks and such, and a 5160 1/4" slab of steel would make the knife very strong like other Rangers. Let us know how it handles in the wilderhood!

Back