Any love here for the Peacemaker II?

I have one and think it is a great bargain, just wondering who else has this inexpensive gem in the rough?

I'm not a "high end" knife guy, I like to find the ones that are inexpensive but that perform and this one fits that bill.

I agree with you. It's a pretty good knife for the money. Edge retention of that German stainless doesn't seem that good and the sheath is crap, but of course you have to take into account that it's a $20 knife.

High-end, low-end, I like 'em all! As long as I get my money's worth, as Cold Steel likes to put it.

I use the sheath from the smaller Peace Maker III for my Pendleton Hunter in 3V.

Less bulky sheath and the material does not dull my edge like the sheath the PH3V came with.

Haha like I've said before order a sheath and get a free knife with it.

The Peace Maker is a surprisingly great knife for the price. Seems very robust, well thought out as far as the variable blade profile and the handle is solid, strong and grippy with some reassuring weight to it. I have no serious use on the Peacemaker though because I have the PH3V .

I thinned the PH3V

Nice way to reuse that sheath. I've bought some $2 wahoo killer knives just to use the "Mora like" sheath. :)

Nice way to reuse that sheath. I've bought some $2 wahoo killer knives just to use the "Mora like" sheath. :)

Heck I get totally crazy and use the real thing.

Those are Cold Steel knives so I guess it still fits in the forum sort of.

I use my Peace Maker II in the kitchen quite a bit. Works well on meat and things like tomatoes, though it does hang up a bit on harder stuff like onions and carrots due to the Scandi grind. After quite a few months of use, and just rinsing it under the tap and popping it back in the sheath, it has a couple tiny rust spots, but not too bad. I put a 20* per side micro bevel on it when new to make maintenance easier, but I haven't had to sharpen it since then, since I'm just cutting food on a plastic cutting board. :thumbsup:

Back