any multitool with corkscrew?

hi guys, Im looking for a quality multitool with corkscrew....love wine:D

Currently i have a Leatherman Wave witch i like because of the one-hand opening knifes. Although i always carry a small SAK with corkscrew next to it. When im out of the city i also carry a quality folder or fixed blade to complete my needs.

Are there any multitools with a one-hand opening knife and a corkscrew?
next to this i prefer a file/steelsaw, wood saw plus the basic SAK stuff. Leatherman, victoninox or likewise.

tnx!

btw if my back-up knife, a victorinox OHT, had a corkscrew the problem would not existed

so the corkscrew of the SwissTool Spirit Plus fits the SwissTool Spirit? it can be mounted in the frame and stay there when the tool is folded?
Is this part sold separate?

i looked at it. i dont see if the wisstoll spirit has a lanyard mounting option.

It's sold separately, but not expensive at all. Get the tiny screwdriver at the same time :)

No, you can't leave it on the tool...Here's how it works:

SheathedOpen.jpg

Opened.jpg

Corkscrew.jpg

CorkscrewCloseup.jpg

I don't see lanyard mounting option either.

ps. I love wine too ;)

thank you for the info and pisc! Its kind of half work from victorinox to have the corkscrew as a separate item. Knowing the Swiss ingenuity of there engineering and there love of wine:)

the One-hand Forester is indeed the corkscrewed version of the OHT. Except its missing the tweezers...mighty useful in the forest. seems like both of them are not the one i want. It sucks, i hope victorinox will make the One-hand Forester with tweezers one day. I'll send them a email with this question.

with all those hundreds of differed SAK's and Multitool's around, it can be hard to find all, and only, the tools i am looking for in one frame.

You could check out the Leatherman Juice line. Not OHO or as tough as the Wave but still a good tool in it's own right. I have the Juice XE6 for descrete carry at work. It's got a whole lot of useful tools crammed into a pretty compact package :thumbup:

The Victorinox W

The Victorinox Waiter is an inexpensive lightweight tool with a corkscrew.

The Leatherman Juice CS4 is a nice multi-tool. Has pretty much everything you want. It does not have a one hand opening blade but the blade is on the exterior side of the CS4 when closed which makes opening it an easy task. Here are a couple of pics of the one I have.

juicecs41.jpg

juicecs42.jpg

The CS4 carries in the pocket nicely. It only weighs 5.5 oz, has a blade 2 5/8" long, and is only 3 1/4" closed.

thank you for the info and pisc! Its kind of half work from victorinox to have the corkscrew as a separate item. Knowing the Swiss ingenuity of there engineering and there love of wine:)

the One-hand Forester is indeed the corkscrewed version of the OHT. Except its missing the tweezers...mighty useful in the forest. seems like both of them are not the one i want. It sucks, i hope victorinox will make the One-hand Forester with tweezers one day. I'll send them a email with this question.

with all those hundreds of differed SAK's and Multitool's around, it can be hard to find all, and only, the tools i am looking for in one frame.

You can buy a replacement set of nylon scales (like the ones on your OHT) and fit them to the OH Forrester if you really want. That'd give you toothpick and tweezers slots.

I have the Swisstool Spirit.

Note that the corkscrew doesn't pivot, so there's no leverage. You have to pull the cork out by raw muscle alone. I don't know about you, but I'm not strong enough to do it consistently.

@Gareth UK: that OHT-OHForrester modification will be nice. i'll check the possibilities.
The MP400 Compact Corkscrew is a nice setup....but Gerber :barf:

@kozak6: the lack of leverage is a shortcoming of a regular SAK corkscrew. Its never been a real problem for me, although a wine cork can break when the pull angle is wrong. Try to uncork with the bottle squeezed between your feet and use two hand to pull the cork out.

A Victorinox Waiter and Juice are nice small tools but not the thing im am looking for. It will be a extra tool to carry instead of a two tool ''fusion''.

Think I will stay with my sturdy Leatherman Wave and make a one-hand-Forrester with tweezers.

@kozak6: the lack of leverage is a shortcoming of a regular SAK corkscrew. Its never been a real problem for me, although a wine cork can break when the pull angle is wrong. Try to uncork with the bottle squeezed between your feet and use two hand to pull the cork out.

What works best for me is to turn the SAK corkscrew almost all the way into the cork, then lever it on the bottle lip against the backspring tool (awl on my Swisschamp) to break adhesion. That makes pulling out the cork much easier.

The Forester comes in two versions, the other one is not one-hand opening, but it comes with the regular black nylon scales complete with tweezers and toothpick.

i got the one-hand-Forester guys! its going to be a SAK that i will carry a lot of time. Got to find a way to replace the scales so it can carry the vic tweezers.

its nice to see the victorinox 'evalution' the OH Forester has small upgrades compared to my OHT, witch I bought the first season Victorinox started making the one hand SAK.

Last edited:
Back