Any Wet Shavers, here?

that's crazy.
With 10 blades with 3 passes that is equal to 30 passes of a safety razor.
I will stick with the 2-3 passes of a safety razor to get a great shave.
What's  really crazy is the packaging at least used to say this razor was not to be used on one's face.

One thing I forgot to mention, AVigil AVigil , is the blades are set opposing each other, 5 vs 5. That (and a fairly light beard) is what allowed the guy in the video to shave so quickly.

Fellow wet-shaver here! I mainly use straights, but I have a couple DE and SE razors for when I am traveling or pressed for time. My favorite DE to use is the Yates and favorite SE is the Vector. I love Voskhod blades for DE shaving, and Schick Pro-Line blades for SE shaving.

Don't know how I've never stopped in here in all my time on BF! My biggest collection other than knives, is artisan soaps and splashes. I have pared it down quite a bit but still probably have well over 50 (daily head and face shaver) I use a Blackland Vector titanium on the noggin, and a Karve Christopher Bradley aluminum for face shaving. Favorite software brands are Southern Witchcrafts, Stirling, Mikes, and PAA

I can confirm this! :p
It appears I am being stalked across forums. Welcome friend. It is good to see you. Migrating from wetshaving too? I think I exhausted that hobby. Nothing interests me anymore. When you have the best of the best, where is there to go?

Hi guys,
I started shaving in late 90s and most men in my family wet shaved, so I’ve been given a few lessons on how to do it properly. I’ve been wet shaving ever since, used an electric razor for a few years in college, but other than that exclusively wet shaving. I actually updated my razor yesterday, switched to all stainless steel Muhle R94 Rocca. As for the rest of my setup, Feather blades, Parker synthetic brush, I rotate between TOBS shaving creams and several locally made shaving soaps, and I have a large handmade mug made by my ex-gf.
0ADD3BCC-0A70-4FC9-AAA3-381F3C9E71C1.jpeg

Hi guys,
I started shaving in late 90s and most men in my family wet shaved, so I’ve been given a few lessons on how to do it properly. I’ve been wet shaving ever since, used an electric razor for a few years in college, but other than that exclusively wet shaving. I actually updated my razor yesterday, switched to all stainless steel Muhle R94 Rocca. As for the rest of my setup, Feather blades, Parker synthetic brush, I rotate between TOBS shaving creams and several locally made shaving soaps, and I have a large handmade mug made by my ex-gf.
View attachment 2009919
I have the birch bark handled R95 and matching brush. Great razor and brush combo.

Been wet shaving for over 60 years. Use to use a straight razor, but switched to a Gillette adjustable double edge about 40 years ago with any blades that will fit it.

I got sick and tired of ingrown hairs. I got another one on my face a couple of months ago and it was the last straw. After a more than forty year hiatus I went back to a safety razor. When I started shaving I used a Gillette Fatboy and later a Gillette Slim. Both were adjustable. When I started back I ended up buying an Edwin Jagger DE89. With Feather blades it simply glided across my face. I loved it so much I heard the siren call to get a stainless razor. I bought a Razorock Game Changer. I can't decide which I like best, but now I actually look forward to shaving. Its been so much fun I bought my wife a Henson.

Anyone else use a double edged safety razor?
Been safety razoring for a number of years now, unfortunately the market over here is dominated by Gillette and their cartridge systems. But I have seen the light. I use a Mühle razor and shaving gel, preferably after a shower. Got a mega pack of wilkingson’s sword that will last me a lifetime 😁

Good to see you here. I've been away from the shaving forums.

Gabe
Azwetshaver
You're not missing anything. Places like badger and blade are toxic IMO. Most of them are about dead anyway with very little traffic and very little in the way of new topics. Mostly topics like, "What _____ did you use today?"

I have progressed to the point where I am now shaving every day (with the occasional Saturday off) with my RazorRock Lupo .95 Open Comb. I have found that by riding the guard (comb) I can get a silky smooth shave with no irritation - even with "winter" skin. I am getting pretty absurd longevity out of blades with this amazing razor too. Persona Platinum's lately, but great luck with Feather, Astras - just about anything I load. Just a fantastic razor.

Hi, i have a few DE razors, but what i use the most is my Muhle R89 Rosegold. I like it for the looks and the confort.

Back