Any Winkler fans?

I have been clipping mine to my belt on my right hip, locks right over the belt perfect. I always wear a belt though. I can definately see how it would shred pockets though.
I generally have a SIG there, and it otherwise rides so high on the belt that the handle jams into my gut or side (and I am only a 36 waist). Especially since I spend a lot of the week desk jockeying. I'll end up just pocketing it probably, like today.

The last 3 you posted are ones I have on order in addition to a Woodsman.

This belt knife just arrived today... Three pictures of pure Winkler goodness. This was sold as black laminate scales and even says black on the box, but they sure look green to my eyes. I may hit the entire thing with some wicked wax and see what that does.

Attachments

• IMG_4401[46906].jpg
    IMG_4401[46906].jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4402[46905].jpg
    IMG_4402[46905].jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4400[46907].jpg
    IMG_4400[46907].jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 3
This belt knife just arrived today... Three pictures of pure Winkler goodness. This was sold as black laminate scales and even says black on the box, but they sure look green to my eyes. I may hit the entire thing with some wicked wax and see what that does.
I love that scale look. Like black/gray. May have to look at that for my next one. Right now I’m on a wasp scale kick.

I love that scale look. Like black/gray. May have to look at that for my next one. Right now I’m on a wasp scale kick.
Thanks, I normally go for the maple in sculpted or tribal; this one came from the 'bay and is my first laminate Winkler.

Thanks, I normally go for the maple in sculpted or tribal; this one came from the 'bay and is my first laminate Winkler.
I have 3 sculpted maple. I like them a lot. I also like the look of the wasp. I haven’t done the tribal yet.

That Micarta is probably from an earlier run, the latter ones are definitely more uniform and black in color.

Here’s a recent one that I had.
IMG_0215.jpeg

Nice pictures everyone. Investing in something that has a purpose and will hold some sort of value isn’t a bad thing. WK satisfies all those and then some. The variety of blade shape and handle materials is wonderful.

Back