How To Anybody Know Where This Came From??

Greetings. I'm new to this site, but it seems you folks are interested in a broad spectrum of axes, hatchets and knives of all kinds. Logic would follow, my chances of identifying this item are greatly improved by posting here. Anyway, a friend of mine passed away a few months ago after a long illness. He was 86. His widow gave me this item, and said it was always spoken of as "valuable", but where it came from, and what it is was unknown. My friend's father was a set designer for Warner Brothers' Studios back in the 30s and 40s, and was a bit of a horse trader. What he traded for it was another mystery. So, can anybody identify what this is, and where it came from? I've read some postings that poo-pooed the thought of growing a branch through the head, but this piece pretty much proves it can be done, but why? Any help will be most appreciated. If it is valuable as thought, it would be nice to find it a home, and give the proceeds to the widow, since 3-1/2 years in assisted living drained her finances quite a bit. I tried to attach photos to this posting, but it just wouldn't happen. Like I said, I'm new to this sort of correspondence, so please email me. Thanks. Still Crazy

You'll want to upload your photo to a photo hosting website, like imgur.com or flickr.com then copy & past the sharing link that looks like this [ing]picturelinkhere[/img]

Back