Anyone get thier knife order?

Just wondering if anyone has got thier order from Mark yet? i have 2 knives that i paied for and have not heard back on thanks..

He did say that he would be refunding all orders that weren't made before he left.
I am happy to say I finally got the little burlap handled hunter/B&T.

I had two on order. Heard nothing, so emailed. No reply. I sent a text message asking if I would get a refund or if the knives were done. Mark did reply to the text. After letting him know what knives they were, he said they were about ready for handles. That is all I know. I want to say they were about ready for handles in April but I will have to wait and see.

I feel like each customer who had paid a deposit should have been contacted to discuss the situation.....do they want a refund sent today or do they want to wait for their order (and let them know when it will be done).

I may get my knives, I have hope for that. I also have a feeling that if I never contacted Mark, I would have never heard a thing about it, the order would have been forgoten, and the deposit would have been spent on fishing bait or moving expenses.

I love Mark's knives but his business is tough to handle sometimes. I hope he gets everything back on track.

Last edited:
I have faith Mark will make it right for you guys,it'll just take time I'm afraid.
He did post his phone number in the closing the shop for the summer thread & I think that's the only way to contact him now days.

Here's a little insight into his thinking.Scroll down to his post(#9) to see what he says about his priorities.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ally-correct-so-don-t-read-if-easily-offended

Sorry for your frustration guys.

I heard from Mark this morning via text. I'd suggest you call/text him as I doubt he's online while traveling during the move.

Brian

Nothing on the big Hiker I ordered. Guess it'll be once the shop is back up and running. Good thing I got other knives :D

Yeah i dont mind the wait just thought id get my blades a little sooner is all

He had one he was repairing for me for over three months. He sent it to me the week he said he was closing up shop. I emailed about every one to two weeks aski g for status updates. He always responded but was slow about it at times. Knife came and was fixed as promised. Just took a tad longer than I had expected.

It was about this time last year he had a lot of bad feedback because of something very similar as this. I waited a pretty long time for my knife and you expect that with a custom order but you as a customer deserve to be treated with a little more respect. If a person does not want to make knives anymore or are out looking for the holy grail get your business in order first. Take care of the people who take care of you when you decide to take orders again.

Yeah... back in April I put in a deposit for a May run of Booshtucker. Haven't heard anything since.

hmmm hope all this get worked out...... Mark makes a great knife think i have 7 or 8 of his blades just never had this lack of communication on a order from him...

I have absolutely zero worries that I'll never get my knife, and I knew going into this that it would be a wait and quite possibly a long one. Not going to lie, it's a bummer that Mark didn't get mine done before closing up shop, but then again I knew what I was getting into.

I feel for guys that aren't on board with this approach, I know it's gotta be really hard.

Back