Anyone heard of Jim Buck

Howdy folks, I have a 119 that's highly engraved on the pommel and guard that sports the name Jim Buck on the blade. To anyone's knowledge were any of the Bucks named Jim? Thanks, mark

koss, welcome. The name you're inquiring about is someone that's been in knife circles. Maybe a custom maker. He is not related to Chuck Buck or his family. I recall this topic came up some years back. Good luck on your search. DM

Thanks David,

Maybe an engraver who worked on knives? That thought didn't cross my mind. If it was him he sure was proud of himself because the name is most of the way across the blade. My first thought was it might be a play on words between Jim (Bowie) and Buck.

If it was someone in the family I might have left it on. I'll probably try to remove it now. It doesn't appear to be etched on.

mp

koss, thinking more on this name... I have come across a straight razor with his name on it as I shave with a straight from time to time. I tried to buy it but was out bid. The members over in the razor Forums may offer you more information. DM

Maybe it was this guy???

oQ32VxmkEZKs98K7MeiRzUExx90vC6jOuzLznKu5l6taHV1qOZrPo8hOnJvWtEl8Sto2pQFJZb8KyuMGnLzhdBBVtrLpqw9EsSd2C-Q1s3olN0lyqGty6vOklMLJkFyBMA

I tried to Google the name but came up with a sports figure and a dog walker. Is it possible that this was a knife owned by a guy who had his name engraved on it?

I tried to Google the name but came up with a sports figure and a dog walker. Is it possible that this was a knife owned by a guy who had his name engraved on it?
I don't think i'll ever know. If you go to the thread about the 119 and its 75th you'll see pics of it. After that one time I can't post pics anymore. Luckily the name appears to be silk screened but I haven't tried to remove it yet.

Back