Anyone know how Kershaw / ZT decides whether or not to use knife bags

Hello all,

Just have a quick question, as well as a request of KAI.

Does anyone know how KAI determines if they are going to ship knives with the little zipper storage pouches that say Kershaw or Zero Tolerance on them?

I bought a Volt 3600...........got a bag
I bought a TiLT..............got a bag
I bought a Spec Bump...........got a bag ( I think )
I bought a ZT 777...............got a bag

I bought a Mini-Cyclone ZDP-189 -- no bag
I bought a Shallot ZDP-189 -- no bag
I bought a ZT 0560 CBCF -- no bag
I bought a ZT 0600 -- no bag
I bought a 2nd ZT 0600 -- obviously no bag

I've got pre-orders on the 801CF and 888Max, so I don't know about those yet, but my request of ZT would be, "Please include storage pouches." These are Limited Edition and very expensive knives. I'm not sure what has caused the skimping on the storage pouches, but they can't cost more than a dollar or two to make.

Just seems like a little extra that would be commonplace when folks are purchasing high end and expensive production knives. Now, would it stop me from buying them if they never shipped another knife with one. No, of course not. I just miss the nice little pouches and have had to go to web stores and spend $7.00 a piece plus shipping on something that should come with the knife.

Eh, maybe I've just worked too much lately and I'm becoming whiny.

Anyway, have a good one.

W

I love those little bags. They come in handy when you don't want/need to lug around a case. I have about 6 of the ZT bags I bought from various places on the web. As far as how it is determined which knife gets one and which one doesn't, I haven't a clue. I would like to see the bags at more places like wallyworld and the hunt/fish stores. Guess I should order a half dozen or so with my next BladeHQ order so the shipping doesn't hurt as bad.

Gotta love the folks on the bay that sell the knife "New" without the baggy then turn around and sell it in another auction. People never cease to amaze me.

I think zipper pouch is a more accurate description of what you are talking about.

My TILT's did not come with pouches and would be curious to know if they did originally from KAI.

Of my Kershaw knives, only my Leek CB and my Junkyard Dog 2.2 CB came in zipper pouches.

Does it have anything to do with knives and combination blades? Do they put them in the pouches to prevent rust?

Of my Kershaw knives, only my Leek CB and my Junkyard Dog 2.2 CB came in zipper pouches.

Does it have anything to do with knives and combination blades? Do they put them in the pouches to prevent rust?
I would say no because the op says his 0560cbcf had no bag:D

3 TilT's and no bags, 3 different dealers, would have been nice but ehh. My 2 JYD Ti SG2's came with them, my Tirade came with one, my DLC CB JYD came with one.

My JYD2.2 CB came in a pouch too. ZT301ST did not....which is funny since when the 301 isn't in my pocket it is in the bag, and the JYD stays in the glove compartment.

Gotta love the folks on the bay that sell the knife "New" without the baggy then turn around and sell it in another auction. People never cease to amaze me.

Probably got the idea from gun dealers that would sell a "NIB" glock, which comes with 3 mags.....with only 1 mag, and then have the other 2 for sale separate.

Back