Anyone know what happened to Joe Walters of Moonlit Forge?

Erin Burke

KnifeMaker...ish
I was going back through some old knife related photos that I've collected from the internet over the years when I found some cool stuff from Joe Walters of Moonlit Forge. It seems like he was doing some really cool work in the early 2000s. I know that one of Dudley's prize balisongs is a collaboration between Joe and Chris Olofson of 29Knives. Joe's seasoned pieces still continue to inspire me.

Anyway... does anyone know what happened to Joe? It seems like he went dark right around 2006, and none of my internet searches have been able to turn up any info.

Some old photos of some of Joe's work.
4.extra-tsuba.jpg
textured-small-knife.jpg

standard.jpg
standard.jpg

Erin

Nice, buddy....I've got a Kiridashi from Joe that I've never photographed but I've lost track of him over the years. I still have some contact info from the day, might be surprised.

Nice, buddy....I've got a Kiridashi from Joe that I've never photographed but I've lost track of him over the years. I still have some contact info from the day, might be surprised.

I hope you get some time to shoot photos of the kirdashi... that's something I'd like to see. :thumbsup:

I'm curious, too. He's the one who did the Bainite heat treat on my big bowie. I seem to recall he moved- I think he was in the southeast, and then moved to the Pacific Northwest (or maybe I have that backwards). But right about the time when he moved is when I lost track of him.

I'm curious, too. He's the one who did the Bainite heat treat on my big bowie. I seem to recall he moved- I think he was in the southeast, and then moved to the Pacific Northwest (or maybe I have that backwards). But right about the time when he moved is when I lost track of him.

You're correct, he moved from the Tennessee area to Washington State and that's the last time I was in touch with him.

I was going back through some old knife related photos that I've collected from the internet over the years when I found some cool stuff from Joe Walters of Moonlit Forge. It seems like he was doing some really cool work in the early 2000s. I know that one of Dudley's prize balisongs is a collaboration between Joe and Chris Olofson of 29Knives. Joe's seasoned pieces still continue to inspire me.

Anyway... does anyone know what happened to Joe? It seems like he went dark right around 2006, and none of my internet searches have been able to turn up any info.

Some old photos of some of Joe's work.
4.extra-tsuba.jpg
textured-small-knife.jpg

standard.jpg
standard.jpg

Erin
According to his BladeForums profile, Joe Walters was last seen: Mar 28, 2011

Here is the man that would know: antonio.cejunior@gmail.com

Back