Anyone receive a Dingo?

Normally I would lie at a time like this and say I've already taken mine hiking in the high country, but since I am sick with anticipation I must admit that my doorstep is devoid of any K9 delivery.

I sent mail and PM to both of them several days ago asking about K9 and some other stuff. I didn't get any answer yet. :confused:
I would like to think they are very bussy makeing the knives.

Has anyone else written to them?

They should be at the Blade show right now and probably won't be communicating for a few days.

Cheers,
Jon

I spoke to dan at Blade 2008 and he said that the Dingos would ship this month. Now I'll cross my fingers until mine arrives.

I spoke to dan at Blade 2008 and he said that the Dingos would ship this month. Now I'll cross my fingers until mine arrives.

This month? I'm definitely a fan but this has soured me greatly. The "pay up now to get first shipping" was over a month ago. Being told 30 + Dingos would ship BEFORE the Blade show also seems to have not happened.

Delays are fine......delays when you have money are an entirely different thing.

This month? I'm definitely a fan but this has soured me greatly. The "pay up now to get first shipping" was over a month ago. Being told 30 + Dingos would ship BEFORE the Blade show also seems to have not happened.

Delays are fine......delays when you have money are an entirely different thing.

Don't forget the 100+ knives that managed to get finished in time for Blade, while the blades we paid for are not getting worked on. Hmmmm. If I get mine in my hand by June 10, 2008 I'll be happy. Otherwise, I want a refund, it's just not worth it IMHO.

I'll be gone for ten weeks of "summer camp" on June 8. Still hoping to take my Dingo along for the ride.

I'll wait for my knife because I'm dying to get it, but it has been one colossal mess from the beginning.

I'll wait for my knife because I'm dying to get it, but it has been one colossal mess from the beginning.

:eek:What do you mean? Don't frighten me!:(
I will wait with my order until I get answer from Dan and hopefully, meanwhile, the things will begine to work out as they should.

Last edited:
Ease up on the negativity or youse guys are gonna jinx the blade!

I bit of communication would have been helpful to avoid all the negativity I am reading. I have paid a deposit but not the rest yet.

Blade show is a huge undertaking and Dan and Tom would have been unprofessional to skip out on it guys.

You're waiting for a knife by two of the greatest guys I know in this business. Cut them some slack.

Dan had to move too. Throw that in also.

I'm really suprised to see this level of impatience. These guys aren't out to screw anybody.

Blade show is a huge undertaking and Dan and Tom would have been unprofessional to skip out on it guys.

You're waiting for a knife by two of the greatest guys I know in this business. Cut them some slack.

Dan had to move too. Throw that in also.

I'm really suprised to see this level of impatience. These guys aren't out to screw anybody.

I don't think anyone has said they were out to screw anyone. I certainly don't think that. I think asking for full payment and subsequently missing 2 different shipping dates are the issues. My issue is my money left my hand over a month ago and there is no knife. Maybe this is lesson learned for all but I don't think you should ask for full payment unless you are absolutely ready to ship the knife.

Last edited:
These guys aren't out to screw anybody.
Ofcourse they are not!

Their names are at stake and I know they don't want to lose a god reputation for a couple of 100-dolars. If they got insane and did something like that, they could close down their shops and look for another jobs...It's simple as that.
As I understand the problem is promised timeframe they did'n fulfil and lack of communication...that's all... I maybe misunderstood whole thing?:confused:
However that's what I think...

I know they are not out to screw us, but as others have mentioned the original due date was Feb IIRC and then it got pushed back. I had no problem with that. When Dan asked for everyone to PIF as the knives would start shipping the NEXT Monday and then they didn't and then we were told another date they would ship and they didn't.

As far a Blade over riding my order, I don't really care about Blade. That is not MY concern. What I think is unprofessional is taking my money, making promises on a delivery date and missing it for various reasons and then bragging about the 106 knives he was able to get ready for Blade. That is what pissed me off and makes me think they are unprofessional. They should have finished the commitments that they had to existing customers before boasting about how many knives they were able to get ready to sell immediately at Blade. Stop and think about it and I think you'll see our point of view.:grumpy:

Last edited:
I apologize if I offended y'all. If you paid in full, then you should be able to expect a commitment to a date.

Back