Apocalyptic Survival Knife

NoahL said:
Not my idea of an EOTW knife (I'll keep submitting my idea of an EOTW knife to contests until somebody makes the thing or I have enough money to commission it, though! :p) but very tacticool, and I'm sure it would hold up to it just fine. I love the scales on it, too! The Booshway still reminds me of a Hudson Bay on steroids, but also cool and looks like it could out-chop just about every other knife out there.
Don't think I have seen that design? post it up? :D

Well, you asked for it...

21otpat.jpg

ip632u.jpg

I'm too poor to afford one right now, and will be for a while (stupid cars and vacation costs! :mad:) but I still think it would be awesome to see this come to life. I've entered it in John's contests in the JK forum, and maybe one or two other places in a few variations of this design, but I can never quite win :p

the blade looks like it's drawn as .125" not .25" comparing it to the .25" pins.

the middle of the scales look very fat. especially in the top view.

with a large non pointy blade like this i'd want it paired with something smaller and pointier for finer work after a day of chopping zombie heads off.

other than that, good stuff!

Thanks fixer--the knife isn't really drawn exactly to scale because I'm not a drafter or engineer and so I have a hard time doing that sort of thing. The handle scales wouldn't really need to be that thick in the middle, I just drew them like that. I have a little pointy blade already because I carry my Colonial jackknife all the time.

ok. just something i notice after doing a bunch of dimensioned drawings and stuff from blueprints where everything's gotta be positioned to one thousandth of an inch, plus maps, and other stuff. not trying to be hyper critical of your work. it's just an occupational hazard after all these years. :D

please understand that it's meant as constructive criticism and not to just rip into your work. if i didn't care i wouldn't say a thing.

ok. just something i notice after doing a bunch of dimensioned drawings and stuff from blueprints where everything's gotta be positioned to one thousandth of an inch, plus maps, and other stuff. not trying to be hyper critical of your work. it's just an occupational hazard after all these years. :D

please understand that it's meant as constructive criticism and not to just rip into your work. if i didn't care i wouldn't say a thing.

I understand and I appreciate the input. I've just never been good at that sort of thing--measurements and math hurt my brain too much--so really this was sized about where I wanted it and then measured on the computer, so it may not even be as accurate as it is :p. This only got as far as the "concept" stage, so if I were to ever have it made I would print out my pattern and make a cardboard template so I could play with it and get it exact, and that's where more precise measurements come in.

once i get my glasses squared away i'd be happy to help with drawings or whatever. i got new ones but they don't work at reading distances. :(

Back