AR Photos. A closer study. (warning: 34 images)

Great pics Shelby, the action on the AR will feel a little rough at first but will get much smoother with time. Use a good lube, I use Miltech.

Frank Q.

Great set of pictures there - thank you for taking the time to share them with us! :D

Regards,

Ed

You guys are really nice! Thanks for all the compliments. I initially thoght I would get my arse kicked for posting so many photos and making everyone suffer for the waiting time. :D

Shelby

Nah, Shelby, but you owe me a keyboard, I drooled too much.

Those pics rock (same as the above 27 posts), but one question, is that a modified Stryker blade? Looked like it had been finished to satin flats.

Man, I have handled a couple ARs, but this is the next best thing.

Thanks.

Reed,

The Stryker I have the same as all other Strykers. No satin flats nor doctoring up.

Shelby

ps: You know those soft (typable) rubber covers over the keyboard may be a good thing.

:D

Actually, there is a sealed keyboard that is being toted as "indestructable", cause it folds and bends, and I am going to pick one up.

Thanks.

Shelby,
Work of Art! You mis spelt the captions on the first photo and missed the 'T' after the AR :D
Thanks for sharing
Warmest wishes,
Oliver

Nice pics! I'm surprised how poor the finish work is on the blade cut outs visible around the thumb stud though. Still functional, just not very pretty. IMO

fe1993f0.jpg.orig.jpg

Chris, you are probably right.
I was also concerned about the following comment "the action on the AR will feel a little rough at first but will get much smoother with time." That really rubs ME the wrong way. I have NEVER handled a Strider folder, but a Reeve Sebenza is smooth as glass right out of the box and has NO rough edges. Proving refined fit and finish can also be rugged as all hell.

JW

Originally posted by Ketsugo
Chris, you are probably right.
I was also concerned about the following comment "the action on the AR will feel a little rough at first but will get much smoother with time." That really rubs ME the wrong way. I have NEVER handled a Strider folder, but a Reeve Sebenza is smooth as glass right out of the box and has NO rough edges. Proving refined fit and finish can also be rugged as all hell.

JW

Hey there Ketsugo,
I have had both Sebenza and own A GB folder. I can tell you that no way is the sebenza as rugged as the strider custom. The sebenza may be pretty and smooth, but the strider is designed to be rugged and rough around the edges, to improve grip, do a search and you'll find some info.
And the strider locks up much tighter than any of the three sebenza's I owned at one time or another. as a matter of fact untill my GB folder got broken in, I used to have to leverage it closed after serious abuse, because the liner actually got tighter with work, not looser.
Not tryin to knock the sebenza, it's a nice knife, but its not designed to be "FULL CONTACT" like the STRIDERS are. Thats the opinion of someone who has USED both.
chris

RE: "the action on the AR will feel a little rough at first but will get much smoother with time."

Honestly, I think most first time AR/GB owners have owned folders smaller than their new Striders. For me, I had a Benchmade Stryker and now the AR. The action being smoother also means getting used to the blade. I had a hard time engagine the blade the first couple of days because I wasn't used to it's heft. But now, I am getting the hang of it and it feels easier. I think either the action is getting smoother, or my hands are developing the muscles needed to work with the AR.

Shelby C

Both if you can. I would like to see how far the liner engages the blade.

Thanks very much!

Back