• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Are you in a rut ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D Well yes.... I myself feel like I have been in a Rut after all the hours it took me to finish this project. Hope someone likes it. The knife handle and the large piece I scrimshawed on came off the same Elk antler which is huge. The whole package includes the knife, scrimshawed piece of the Elk in Rut and the black acrylic display stand. Knife specs are below.

Knife OAL;12 1/2 inches
Blade; 15N20 & 1084 with L6 (saw blade steel). I flat ground this with a distal taper and some basic file work on the spine. Length of blade is 8 inches. I lightly blued the blade then hand sanded it with 3500 grit. My photos leave a lot to be desired but the Damascus pattern is a Ladder pattern and it just pops out when seeing it in your own hand :) The knife is really light like a feather and the balance point is right at the guard.
Handle; Handle is beautiful Elk stag with the pommel being Walrus Ivory which I scrimshawed a Elk profile on. The guard is a piece of hand carved Walrus Ivory which I scrimshawed a Elk print with the blade coming out of the middle.
Display Stand;Five pieces of black acrylic stacked with a single piece of copper tubing for the knife stand and the same for the scrimshawed piece.

Asking; $1500.00 with free shipping in the USA via USPS Priority Mail. Will take postal money order or check for payment. Will also take pay pal if you want to pay the fees. Thanks a bunch for taking a look and WEAR your respirator when working in your shop:D

Last edited:
Very impressive ! All of it, and what a lot of work and dedication.
I would like to see a picture of the rack before it was cut up. I'm assuming 'your' elk.
roland

Here you are Roland. No it was not my Elk. The rack was given to me a few years ago. I think it is big but you get no dept preception from a photo. Anyway what is left is about 57 1/2 inches after I cut the crown for the scrimshaw. My freezer is 60 inches so it gives you some idea of the size. Also thanks guys for the kind words. Always appreciated

Hope someone likes it

Are you serious? That is so incredible even the blind will like it! I can only imagine the amount of time and effort that goes into making such an amazing work of art. Has the Louvre called looking for new displays, yet?

Has the Louvre called looking for new displays, yet?
1SHOT1KILL
Thanks for the really nice compliment and I wish the Louvre was calling for some displays. Thanks again !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back