Ask US Senators to Contact Customs

URGENT NEWS – June 13, 2009 We need your help! Each of us must now ask our U.S. Senators and our Representative to contact U.S. Customs.

Please send them emails TODAY !

AKTI learned, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time on June 10, 2009, that U.S. Customs has denied the AKTI request for an extension of the comment period on the proposal to outlaw the importation of assisted-openers because they would now be classified as switchblades. Denying us more time to answer their very complex legal proposal is a very clear signal from Customs that we have reason to fear the worst. Customs proposes to so broadly redefine switchblades with a lot of convoluted language about inertia, gravity and other terminology that it could be applied to all folding knives.

So we must now ask our national lawmakers to help us get the attention of Customs and Border Patrol (CBP).

Please go to the AKTI website ... www.akti.org

On the homepage you will find a link that says ...
Please Help ! Help us to Help You !

That will take you to links where you can find your lawmakers (by entering your zip code) and their email addresses. These links are ...

Find your congressional officials
Review our communication suggestions

Carrying and using folding knives could depend on your lawmaker contacts. This is the absolute # 1 action step we ask you to take TODAY.

We now have links to individual and company model letters to Legislators. Personalize them and email them TODAY.

If you want to follow up with a hard copy letter or phone call, please do so. You may not get to talk to the lawmaker but an assistant will forward your concerns to the lawmaker.

Be calm, rational, and thank them for their help.

Thank you!

David D. Kowalski
AKTI Communications Coordinator

P.S. When you send your emails, please send copies to AKTI at … AKTIcustoms@gmail.com

I did it. Sent the proper emails to my 2 Senators and my member of the house. In addition to the snail mail to the CBP (which will have no impact).
It's easy for those who have not done it yet. DO IT!!

I'll send more as needed. The CPB works for US. We will not be ignored!!
C1

Warner, Mark R. - (D - VA) Class II
459A RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-2023
Web Form: warner.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=Contact

Webb, Jim - (D - VA) Class I
248 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-4024
Web Form: webb.senate.gov/contact/

I sent Doug Ritter's formatted letters to my Senators and to Customs, but looks like emails are in order also.

Professor.

Back