attaching corby bolts? help?

hey guys. I am trying to put a couple corby hidden bolts in a handle, but i don't have access to power tools. Can i put in the corby bolts, and then hand sand them down to meet the handle? I need to do this and was hoping i could do it without spending money on a sander/buffer etc. thanks.

oh, and how should the corby bolts fit in the holes of the tang? ya know, tight or loose? also, if i need to open up one of the holes in the tang just a hair for the thong tubing, can i do this with any drill/bit? thanks

Use 50 grit sand paper to get them down to the size you want. And as far as how they fit. I would want them to just slide in snug, but if they are loose I would make sure there is no void an fill in the gaps with epoxy.

Lay the 50 grit down on a flat surface and pass the cory bolts over the sheet. It will be eaisier than if you pass the sanding paper over the bolt. Hope this helps.

-frank

great! thanks very much. by the way, i can't seem to find a good tutorial on this visually, so any good links you guys know about with pics? thanks

Back