Autumn Hike With My JK Hiker !

When I compare my JK Hiker to my other knives it looks kinda boring. Sure it has nice handle scales but compared to some of John's other models like his Lobo it looks pretty plain, no big curves, no flashy finger grooves, no extended tang.....and yet this is probably the knife I reach for most often !
Why ? Because it's like a trusty pal, this thing will never let me down and always does everything I ask of it !!!!

PA270006.jpg

Anyway knife talk over let's get back to my hike......

Snicker loved it today and kept stopping, listening intently at every small rustle in the undergrowth or snapping of twigs and then she'd be off to check it out !

PA270002.jpg

It was pretty cool today so I decided to get a fire going on the beach while I drank my tea. To do this I needed some fatwood, this wasn't the best fatwood ever as you can see by the pale colour but it would serve my purpose !

PA270010.jpg

When I got to the beach I split the fatwood down even further and shaved some of it into small fuzzsticks to help take a flame.....

PA270011.jpg

Once established I could add other wood that was lying around me.....

PA270014.jpg

Maisy and Snicker explored the beach......

PA270013.jpg

PA270016.jpg

I'd been looking for a Stainless container that I could both drink out of and cook in/boil water etc if needed,anyway I picked up this army cup yesterday and it looks like it will fit my needs nicely......

PA270018.jpg

Some scary looking people round these parts....

PA270020.jpg

On the way back I came across some unusual Fungi. Here is one type I came across, not sure if this is orange peel fungi or maybe even pigs ear....both species are not recommended eating but they are not poisonous so I guess in a tight spot you could boil em up !!!

PA270028.jpg

Those are some great looking pictures.:thumbup: But I have to agree that there is some questionable folks walking around in those woods.:eek:
What is the handle material that you have on that hiker. I love how it looks dark and intense at the same time.:D

Those are some great looking pictures.:thumbup: But I have to agree that there is some questionable folks walking around in those woods.:eek:
What is the handle material that you have on that hiker. I love how it looks dark and intense at the same time.:D

I think John said it was Lacewood !

Nice pics like always 'Ol Bud. I like the "plain" knife...Kinda looks like my Breeden HLK (Handy Little Knife) .

Last edited:
Back