Availability of D2 Special Edition?

I just placed an order from 1sks and was wondering if they were on backorder or anything. I thought I remember reading something to that affect. Has anyone recieved theirs? Thanks guys!
smile.gif

Josh

well, that mike turber guy was selling them, but i dont see them on the list anymore - i dont know, but havent heard they were outy of them - they only made 75 black/75 silver knives, so i assume when they are gone, thats it - email them and ask.....

sifu

Just received mine, number 40/75 in black, on Wednesday. Took about a week.

Good Luck,
Fred

------------------
Knife Nut in "flyover country"

(I assume we're discussing the Sifu.)

I tried to order the silver, and was told they were all out. They still have black, but I already have an all-black BM942 for "stealth", and I'd rather show off the Sifu blade. Anyway, if you want the silver, give them a call and maybe they can hook you up anyway, it worked for me...
(ooh, how mysterious
biggrin.gif
)

Yeah, the Sifu
wink.gif
Well I placed the order for the SE Sifu in Stonewash w/o finger grooves on Fri, but have yet to hear from them. Hopefully they get back to me soon! I will take the black if that is all that is available!

Josh

I Got my SIFU special edition D2 black blade number 07/75 this past week from Mike Tuber. It took about 2 weeks but I could'nt be happier with the knife. This thing is just a beast. It will definetly be one of my EDC blades.

Good Luck,
KJ

I just called 1SKS. I have a D2 Stonewashed w/fingergrooves on backorder. They have some D2 Stonewashed smooth handles coming in this week, like the SE versions. But these don't have numbers or certificates.

If I can get someone interested in an ATS-34 without finger grooves, I might buy one of these and a regular ATS and swap the blades....

The non-numbered Sifu that jmwildenthal mentioned was what I was talking about above. Mine just came today. The side of the blade opposite the Sifu logo is blank, but otherwise it's just like the SE. I heard they only have a few of these, so it may be rarer than the SE, but probably less valuable to collectors.

This is the first time I've seen the Sifu in person, and everyone has said it before, but pictures don't do it justice. This is an impressive knife.

Back