Are the avatar pictures actually limited to 50x50???
That seems to be all I can create...
Is this limit also for self hosted avatars...Ones that I host on my own web space, so as not to use BladeForums bandwidth???
The reason I am asking is because every avatar I see, even basic membership ones, are MUCH bigger than the 50x50 that I can use...
Thanks...

There's a limit on file size, too (kilobytes, not pixels). I suspect that's the size limit you're running into. Try compressing the jpg a little more.

James,

Please send me what you want as an avatar and I will be glad to make it BFC friendly for you. :D

jamesraykenney,

Each BF membership has its own restrictions on avatar dimensions and size. Spark made this rule a while back (1 year ago?).

So those Basic Members who have avatars larger than 50X50, have had them before the rules were changed. You will even see some unpaid members have signatures and avatars too - from a time when everything was free.

K.V. Collucci said:
James,

Please send me what you want as an avatar and I will be glad to make it BFC friendly for you. :D

Ohhh, I am an old hand at image processing...
I have been using Adobe Photoshop for OVER 10 YEARS...
(When I think of how much money I have spent on that program and it's upgrades...:eek:)
I usually just use 'The GIMP' these days though... As it loads faster and in SOME ways, works more like the way I prefer it too...

Nordic Viking said:
jamesraykenney,

Each BF membership has its own restrictions on avatar dimensions and size. Spark made this rule a while back (1 year ago?).

So those Basic Members who have avatars larger than 50X50, have had them before the rules were changed. You will even see some unpaid members have signatures and avatars too - from a time when everything was free.

I thought that was mainly to preserve bandwidth, which is why I tried hosting it myself(which is what I do on a LOT of boards that do not allow you to upload your avatar at all...You either host is somewhere else, or you use one of the pre-made ones...).
No problem, I am just used to having it around 80x80 or so...

Back