Böker Plus Epicenter

:eek: Agreed - please don't tell me it's made in China :barf:
So I guess the next question is...when does it get to USA market?

I have'nt bought a Boker in yrs. but this has me interested. Is Boker Plus a step up from the other Boker's ?

It's a great looking knife, and I dig VG-10 no matter where it's assembled, but Boker needs to find a competent proof reader for their ad-copy. From the English link above:

The knife takes in a special position in Böker’s line-up as it is the first titanium-frame lock.

Not quite the first:

SubcomKnife-1.jpg

Aside from that, does anyone know how many US dollars 159 Euros is?

Quote:
The knife takes in a special position in Böker’s line-up as it is the first titanium-frame lock.

Not quite the first:
I could be wrong but I think the ad is correct. The knife in the picture may be stainless (frame lock).

I believe the copy was supposed to read first full size titanium frame lock.
Terry

I guess it's a matter of semantics, but the Haddock's lock side is not covered - and pretty thick Ti - isn't it really a Ti frame-lock? Interestingly, the Titan Worker, Defender, and Defender Lightweight all appear to have the same thickness Ti as the Haddock - but on both sides - with G10 or Micarta covering at least part of the handles. They, technically, are liner-locks! I'll bet there are other German-made Boker Ti framelocks I don't know about, too.

Stainz

I guess I need to proof what I write sometimes. That should read; Boker Plus' first full size Titanium framelock.
Terry

I'm late to the game, as I just saw this in the new catalog and instantly searced for new info all over the internet.I am REALLY excited for this one, any new info..release date?

Thanks

I was under the impression VG10 might not leave Japan as bare stock.
So the knives or at least the blades must be made in Japan.

I saw the retail price for the us was 199$
So internet price would be - 30% = 140$

Could make it worth buying it in the States and ship it back to Europe :)

Beautiful knife, I see a resemblance to the Lion Steel SR-1 but that is only a compliment. Depending on retail price this will definitely be a cool addition to my collection.

This could very well be my jump to Ti framelocks. I've put off the sebenza, alias, subrosa, and Ti millie etc. Now this could bring me into the club.

Back