Backwood's Custom Knives / Bill Akers

Folks, I checked with Daniel tonight to make sure it was ok to put this on his forum, and he gladly agreed (and ask why I was even asking permission to do it) and sent his prayers and good thoughts as well . . .
Most of you know Bill Akers, BA as most of us call him, and he is in the midst of a medical situation with surgery scheduled for probably next Tuesday if he & his gall bladder make it to then. He answered an email of mine yesterday stating he just got home from the E/R , dehydrated, and in some definite pain as you could imagine.
Between now and Tuesday, if you could keep BA in your thoughts I am sure we can help him get thru this. BA is good people as I am sure most of you know of him, his knives, and his "country boy" wit & humor . . . :)
Keep good thoughts, & Daniel, thanks for this extra karma for BA . . .
Be safe.

Last edited:
Bill, we're thinking about you. My family wishes you our best.

I hope you are getting the care you need. Try to get lots of rest and stay hydrated. We're hoping you are doing better very soon!

Daniel, Sara and Jade

All the best, Bill, Stay strong, brother, we're all pulling for ya!

Thanks everyone, you all are great. I go see the surgeon this afternoon,i dont know if they will put me right in or wait?i just want all this behind me!! Ill keep ya all updated
bests bill

Thanks everyone, you all are great. I go see the surgeon this afternoon,i dont know if they will put me right in or wait?i just want all this behind me!! Ill keep ya all updated
bests bill

We're hoping you are feeling better very soon!

You know we're all pulling for you Bill!

Gang as of friday Aug 31 ill be outta commision,i went spoke with sergeon this afternoon and the operation will be then, As of now it should be a 6 hr same day surgery if there are no complications,This comes to me as a releif,I can only hope i goes as intended
Thanks Everyone
Bests Bill

Smoke and prayers Bill. Good luck. Maybe sharpen a scalpel for the doc as present later. :)

Gang as of friday Aug 31 ill be outta commision,i went spoke with sergeon this afternoon and the operation will be then, As of now it should be a 6 hr same day surgery if there are no complications,This comes to me as a releif,I can only hope i goes as intended
Thanks Everyone
Bests Bill

We are thinking of you brother! You will be feeling better soon I hope!

Back