Bad Wreck + Illegal Immigrant

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
= FU Citizen. Today I was driving to work. I had my dad in the truck with me. The roads were icy so we were driving slower than usual, thank God. Suddenly as we're coming over an overpass here comes this truck hauling ass. Hits an ice patch and JERKS his wheel in a panic.:rolleyes: My dad and I watched as his truck got sideways and slid right over in front of us. No choice. Couldn't ajust with brakes or wheel and be sure I could control the truck. Looked over at my dad. He was ready. Inched to the right so the impact was on my side. BAM. Airbags deploy...keep truck straight...get stopped...whew! Dad is OK. I'm cut up and my arm is killing me. GAWDDAM illegal with no friggin insurance.:grumpy: Passenger gets out and runs.:mad: Cop shows up and doesn't care. "The ice is at fault, I'm not issuing a ticket." FUKT!!!! Wouldn't even stick around to fill out a police report, or call us a wrecker.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Other guy's truck is still barely drivable. Outcome: Me and dad freezin our asses off with no cell phone on the side of the road. Only option. Collect all valuables and hike it to the next exit. THIS SUCKS!!!!! Truck totaled. Illegal immigration is a huge problem. I felt like getting my Khuk out of the back and taking a swing at the problem myself.:grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

The police just left you there ??? Good grief. Before this is over, contact his commanding officer. I've seen accident scenes where the police all but ordered the people involved to get medical attention from the ambulance they called.

I hope you heal up fast. Make sure that arm pain isn't something dislocated.

Yep just friggin left. I didn't even have the sense to get his badge number. I called the department and got this snotty woman who informed me she didn't have time to listen to me. She put me into her supervisors voice mail. Oh well I guess "Public Servant" doesn't mean anything to them in fulton county. I'm royally screwed. We can't afford to replace the truck. God help me. I don't know what to do and I'm kinda scared here.

Where do you live? Must make note never to move there.

My brother and sister got involved in a wreck in Ca where the other driver rear ended them. The cop mismeasured tke skid marks and they lost the court case.

This teaches me that a society that rewards no responsibiliy will not remain a society for much longer.

Why shouldn't you and your Dad run away? Let's all run away.

Hey- let's find a political party that panders to our world view. Let's rob banks. Let's.... Oh never mind.

I'm sorry it happened and am glad you and your Dad are OK.

munk

Yeah, the Dems, but the Repubs aren't above a little old fashioned pandering either.

Notice how both parties can't tackle the border?
The 'hard' things will remain over our wittle 'eads. The Dems ran like crazy away from SS reform and demonized the Repubs. What'ya mean it'll go broke? We'll just print more money.

munk

You're right Munk, neither has tackled the border, and both want the credit for SS reform. The Dems were gung ho when they would get the credit. All I know is that I'm screwed any way you look at it. Terrible part is that I live in Atlanta. There was probably only 1/64" of ice on that road.

Andy, the Cops don't know snow and ice in Atlanta; to cut them some slack, it probably wasn't personal, just ignorant.

munk

Still a bigtime failure to understand his hown position. Sorry if I'm not in the slack cutting mood today.

Isn't completing and accident report considered to be ummm.... doing his job? This issue comes up without illegals involved here - a co-worker had a similar occurrance, though the police oficer did hs job and completed the report and cited the driver for failure to have insurance. She went to court and won. But, it doesn't do any good though, as there is no way to enforce the settlement so the guy doesn't pay.

Those bastards ought to be automatically taken into custody by the INS and deported back to where ever they came from no matter when, why, where, or how come.:mad:

munk said:
Yeah, the Dems, but the Repubs aren't above a little old fashioned pandering either.

Notice how both parties can't tackle the border?
The 'hard' things will remain over our wittle 'eads. The Dems ran like crazy away from SS reform and demonized the Repubs. What'ya mean it'll go broke? We'll just print more money.

munk

Had an interesting conversation with my econ prof. about that very topic. Here we have this huge federal deficit that's growing daily, and a SS system that WILL go broke. How are we going to pay for this? Tough to answer, isn't it? Taxation like we can't imagine. It'll hurt the economy like crazy. Cut spending? It would be great, but do you think that'll really happen enough? Really? What, then? Print money? I really don't want to spend $800,000,000 for a snickers bar.

Bad situation. Such political pandering might just lead to the economic downfall of our great nation. We're already in deep trouble, and nobody will do anything about it, let alone acknowledge it.

BTW, Andy, I'm sorry about the accident. Talk about a bad end to a bad situation. I can't believe the cop cut bait and ran. Your arm was cut up. Did he get you medical assistance? When I was in an accident, I had to specifically sign a sheet the officer and ambulance had, stating that I really refused medical treatment from the EMT's, and that I assumed responsibility. They could definitely be facing a lawsuit from you right now if you had such a mind. That was terribly handled on their part. Glad you're ok, man.

Chris

Call:

Police Chief
Councilman (Trustee?)
Mayor
TV
Newspapers

Political enemies of all of the above if not satisfied.

Raise Hell. Either you or your dad could have had serious injuries that didn't show up for a while - like bleeding inside the head. This is BS to the max. :mad:

aproy1101 said:
Yep just friggin left. I didn't even have the sense to get his badge number. I called the department and got this snotty woman who informed me she didn't have time to listen to me. She put me into her supervisors voice mail. Oh well I guess "Public Servant" doesn't mean anything to them in fulton county. I'm royally screwed. We can't afford to replace the truck. God help me. I don't know what to do and I'm kinda scared here.

Andy all indications are that you are a good guy so take this in the spirit that it is meant. Helpful criticism.

I have watch over the last few weeks/months as you have purchased knife after knife. Now it seems you are living hand to mouth and do not even have the funds to recover from a minor traffic accident that left you healthy and able to work.

Think a little bit about what you are doing. I know you enjoy the knives but, rational prudent human beings keep 6 months to a years cash reserve before they start filling the house with toys.

In the last year how much have you saved for retirement? Are you making regular monthly contributions to a 401, 403, 457 plan , IRA or Roth IRA? Are you paying yourself first every month?

Not a flame bro....friends tell each other the truth.

Man sorry to hear this , I drive ATL all the time and it is hella f -up.Glad you and your dad are fine.

Atlanta IS a scary place to drive (to me). Add ice, and there were many, many such accidents today.

Thank all deities your injuries weren't worse.

Though you might want to dismember the idiot who caused it, what if it had been a couple of nuns or an orphan bus?

I don't understand luck. When we had our rollover accident, were we lucky we weren't killed (yes) or unlucky we had an accident (yes)?

What matters is it could have been worse and wasn't. I'm glad for that, Andy.

You weren't treated right by the officer... don't know what to suggest...

Mike

March into the local office and file an official complaint. I went through the same process (while living in GA...I feel your pain) when an officer pulled me over...didn't say why...just wrote me ticket. I asked for an explanation before I would agree to sign it. He tore the ticket off the stub, tossed it at me and left.

The officer got disciplinary action taken against him. But it wasn't without a battle. The best "evidence" on my side was the complaint I filed almost immediately. Sooner the better. You there yet? ;)

I complained to the supervisor and the officer had to appear in court when I challenged the ticket. The judge has to read the complaint. So, basically, he was made out to be a fool in front of his fellow officers and a judge he sees on a weekly basis.

Like I said....it worked, and justice prevailed (the first and only time during the 5 yrs I spent in GA).

:thumbdn:

Back