Bagwell bowie a user?

Hi,
after some years I found a Gambler and wonder how it will stand up as a user.
Not asking steel or sharpness but worried about the tang/grip construction,
they are designed as fighters so my question is: will it be OK to stab or slash a pumpkin?
Do I have to worry about the grip to break in use?

Thanks for any info, maybe someone knows what tang is used?

I think it would hold up to a pumpkin. And I want to see the video!

I don't have one of them, but I've heard that they are solidly made and can be used for that sort of thing (pumpkins). Designed as a fighter with 440A steel, it wouldn't have good edge retention. So you might have to sharpen it after just a few pumpkins. I would love to see a video also!

As hard as those are to find, I can't really imagine jamming it into a pumpkin. I don't know much about the design (they are from before I was here), I'm just talking about rarity.

I have a NIB Gambler, as well as a slightly used Fortress, that I've had for years. Are they worth that much?

I don't know about the Gambler but I saw a couple of Fortress bowies sold within the last two years at about $350 each.

I have slashed some pretty thick items with the clip point on my Gambler to check on its effectiveness it has slashed and sliced through 55 gallon plastic barrels Phila trash with ease I spoke with Bill Bagwell on handle Construction he said Ontario manufacturers with a 4-inch Tang inside the handle. I have a Hells Bell but don't abuse it it's still new
084c4129ffb3f5290df1bad1931f0be3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T

Back