Ban Tang Drop Point EDC in S35 - in progress

HikingMano: No. :( I'm going to call your sheath guy tomorrow and see if he can make me the dangler portion before I leave. I want to keep Ban's sheath though as it is so nice - it snaps the knife in gripping the handle and not the blade (done the right way IMO).

This is my failed attempt to make my own... :( I used a mini TekLok with it this weekend. Ban lined up the holes perfectly.

20130503_224321_zps4e127573.jpg

The reason why it is dangling funny is because you are only attaching to the spine side of the sheath. You can either add another similar webbing to the edge side to even things out or find a wider webbing and attaching to one hole each on the spine and edge side of sheath. This should balance things out and allow the knife to dangle vertically. Hope this makes sense.

Personally, I like using paracord and attaching it to the front of the sheath. I just loop one end to the belt loop and shove the knife and sheath in my back pocket or tucked inside my waistband. I sometimes tuck the knife into my front pants pocket. People have all sorts of names for this... I think some call it shock cord? or static cord? I don't know the proper name but have been using it for well over a decade for medium to small knives when I don't feel like attaching them to my belt.

A picture is worth a thousand words ;) I have the knots set at two separate lengths. Short length for Inside the Waist band and longer length for back pocket carry.

8711500401_cb4561b288_b.jpg

Last edited:
The reason why it is dangling funny is because you are only attaching to the spine side of the sheath. You can either add another similar webbing to the edge side to even things out or find a wider webbing and attaching to one hole each on the spine and edge side of sheath. This should balance things out and allow the knife to dangle vertically. Hope this makes sense.

Yeah, I agree, essentially what I said in the other thread :thumbup: Main point is anchor on both sides of knife (edge and spine), and anchor at/above balance point towards butt to keep the handle from tilting out.

Personally, I like using paracord and attaching it to the front of the sheath. I just loop one end to the belt loop and shove the knife and sheath in my back pocket or tucked inside my waistband. I sometimes tuck the knife into my front pants pocket. People have all sorts of names for this... I think some call it shock cord? or static cord? I don't know the proper name but have been using it for well over a decade for medium to small knives when I don't feel like attaching them to my belt.[...]

Dummy cord is the way I've learned it, yeah, great method too :thumbup: Did that on my mini-bowie for quite a while after you pointed out that application to me.

Hey bro! I hope all is well...I'll be back in the US for a brief period in July - any chance I could get my Drop Point EDC in M4 that I ordered before I left by then? Am itchin for some new steel, and with how well your kiridashi has been serving me, I'd love to have another piece of yours to work with down here.

that edc looks great btw!

Hope you are doing well man. I will be sure to have one ready for you when you get back. Can you please email the details again. I know I purchase the barstock for it already. I forget if you wanted flat or convex grind.

Doing great down here Ban! Mexico has been kind to me...

I just emailed you details about my EDC - I look forward to hearing from you!

Have a great day bro :)

Back