Barlow? Share all your Barlows here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
567055A4-F3F7-48DC-B0FC-A4C08AECDD02.jpeg
That's a bunch of Barlow beauty, all in one place.

Lions & Tigers & Gnarl-Barl-O's, Oh My!

Mint (for a gnarly, overworked, worn out, ugly, old knife anyway)...
Rare (I'm sure I won't get any argument on that)...
Vintage (I suppose that's true, since everything is from a certain vintage no matter)...
...and all of those other famous, overused, descriptive phrases and terms used on a popular auction site.

Yep. That's what it is. And, it's a Camillus!

I was unable to gain history on this knife when I got it, so let your imagination run wild. It is quite heavy, what with the metal handle scales. The main blade has a broken tip, but it does have a nice swedge - what's left of it. The main blade backspring appears to be slotted instead of having a round hole for the pin. That blade walks okay, but it is mute, and I mean totally mute, both ends of the rotation. The pen blade however, walks, talks, and has a nice, positive half-stop (Yay!).

All in all, it's not a bad knife, but I may need to snag a shoulder harness to tote it around.

Gnarl-Barl-O
20230329_080509-Collage-DDS-Compressed.jpg

It cleaned up quite nicely too.
20230329_172407-Collage-DDS-Compressed.jpg

There's more than one way to get a Barlow to "Walk & Talk".
20230402_072209-Collage-DDS-Compressed.jpg

Note! I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the underdog.
Have a grand day everyone.

Lions & Tigers & Gnarl-Barl-O's, Oh My!

Mint (for a gnarly, overworked, worn out, ugly, old knife anyway)...
Rare (I'm sure I won't get any argument on that)...
Vintage (I suppose that's true, since everything is from a certain vintage no matter)...
...and all of those other famous, overused, descriptive phrases and terms used on a popular auction site.

Yep. That's what it is. And, it's a Camillus!

I was unable to gain history on this knife when I got it, so let your imagination run wild. It is quite heavy, what with the metal handle scales. The main blade has a broken tip, but it does have a nice swedge - what's left of it. The main blade backspring appears to be slotted instead of having a round hole for the pin. That blade walks okay, but it is mute, and I mean totally mute, both ends of the rotation. The pen blade however, walks, talks, and has a nice, positive half-stop (Yay!).

All in all, it's not a bad knife, but I may need to snag a shoulder harness to tote it around.

Gnarl-Barl-O
View attachment 2139932

It cleaned up quite nicely too.
View attachment 2139933

There's more than one way to get a Barlow to "Walk & Talk".
View attachment 2139934

Note! I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the underdog.
Have a grand day everyone.
Someone replaced the scales with J B Weld? I love it!
A blade doesn't have to talk, as long as the spring keeps it from opening in your pocket.

Someone replaced the scales with J B Weld? I love it!
A blade doesn't have to talk, as long as the spring keeps it from opening in your pocket.
Ref: "A blade doesn't have to talk, as long as the spring keeps it from opening in your pocket."
Good point. However, the bad news is that it does NOT do that. Oh well, just another reason for the shoulder harness. Or... maybe I'll just use a rubber band to keep it closed. Hmmm?
And yes, it looks like a J B Weld job to me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back