Becker Machax with Pinned Wood Handles

Hi crew, I haven't posted here in many years but I came across something and I have questions.

I recently purchased a Becker Machax. Looks like it's from the Cincinnati era, phosphate coated, full 1/4 inch thickness from end to end.

However, the handles are not the black fiber plastic I've seen before. These are nonremovable wood (walnut?) with 6 brass pins. There is a tiny inscription on the blade flat near the handle the looks like "BK&T" and under that says #15.

It came with a beautiful black leather sheath that uses paracord to secure the knife in the sheath. The paracord ties to a leather buckle that snaps on the front of the sheath.

Any idea how early this might be? Maybe #15 from the first batch?

Excellent, it looks just like the one Bladeite posted on page 6. My however doesn't have the scales stamped.

I love yours, it look like that one was going to be a Warrior Machax but the clip point was never ground. I had a warrior 10+ years ago, very light. I will say the one I just got is the heaviest Machax I've ever picked up, knife alone is 21 oz.

Hi crew, I haven't posted here in many years but I came across something and I have questions.

I recently purchased a Becker Machax. Looks like it's from the Cincinnati era, phosphate coated, full 1/4 inch thickness from end to end.

However, the handles are not the black fiber plastic I've seen before. These are nonremovable wood (walnut?) with 6 brass pins. There is a tiny inscription on the blade flat near the handle the looks like "BK&T" and under that says #15.

It came with a beautiful black leather sheath that uses paracord to secure the knife in the sheath. The paracord ties to a leather buckle that snaps on the front of the sheath.

Any idea how early this might be? Maybe #15 from the first batch?

leather pin-lock sheath made by Kenny Row

OG blade likely 4140, one of the better generations of Machax imho...

the polished mirror like ones are by far the prettiest and imho sharpest :) but the walnut handles ones, and later the phosphates are by far imho the best users

more ax than machete, just what daddy likes...

for some "heresy", i got a Worktuff Wilson blade - https://www.worktuffgear.com/product-page/wilson-dark-ghost-green-liner

to me, it's like the Machax took some radioactive steroids. Daddy LIKE...

1713397088493.png

leather pin-lock sheath made by Kenny Row

OG blade likely 4140, one of the better generations of Machax imho...

the polished mirror like ones are by far the prettiest and imho sharpest :) but the walnut handles ones, and later the phosphates are by far imho the best users

more ax than machete, just what daddy likes...

for some "heresy", i got a Worktuff Wilson blade - https://www.worktuffgear.com/product-page/wilson-dark-ghost-green-liner

to me, it's like the Machax took some radioactive steroids. Daddy LIKE...

View attachment 2553237
You’re such an enabler!!!! Unfortunately it’s out of stock. Looks like it has a lot of subtle features I really like the draw knife hand hold

You’re such an enabler!!!! Unfortunately it’s out of stock. Looks like it has a lot of subtle features I really like the draw knife hand hold

someone has to do it...

well, don't take my word, i advise strongly against buying one until i can get a second ;). mine is a user though, not mint in box, is fairly glorious... the knife that papa Machax would have liked ...

also from Worktuff is our very own Julio's APE-X (apex, yeah)... more kinda parang super heavy forward design, i like that too so bought one... that said, many old things are going up on the block ;). make way for the new things i'll actually use. sigh lol.

good times.

someone has to do it...

well, don't take my word, i advise strongly against buying one until i can get a second ;). mine is a user though, not mint in box, is fairly glorious... the knife that papa Machax would have liked ...

also from Worktuff is our very own Julio's APE-X (apex, yeah)... more kinda parang super heavy forward design, i like that too so bought one... that said, many old things are going up on the block ;). make way for the new things i'll actually use. sigh lol.

good times.
That PWB9 looks awfully close to Julio’s Condor Plan A.

Final question. When approximately did Ethan start production of the Cincinnati blades?

Back