Beckerhead...How to is broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am trying to get the lowdown on how to become a Beckerhead in the main how to thread, but some of the links are brokey and no longer worky, specifically the main one
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=792055

I see some of the criteria listed but am trying to get information on the how to provide proof for "membership". I'm not there yet, but trying! Thanks.

not just the "how to"

in the "uh oh" dept...

When the forum migrated from old to new software, all the perma links got broken, including intra post links (like this post), and all references to various information posts, without text references, or a good guess, are lost forever. Can't search for what you don't know. Bummer.

I'll try to repair the database, and the other information post, but there's only so much that can be recovered, and it will take a lot of time.

Yes
All time>most everything else

Aspiring 'Heads should find these links

Yes
All time>most everything else

there's a chance that Spark can fine tune the 302 and the links will fix themselves too :>

no despair on my part, but i'm not going to "waste time" on something that can be solved with "search" :D

I'm glad me doing it for you helped.

That's a pretty shitty reply. Is that how you normally respond when someone thanks you?

You know what would make it even easier than "you doing it for me" is to add that thread to the subforum stickies.

You know what would make it even easier than "you doing it for me" is to add that thread to the subforum stickies.

The links will be fixed eventually. The Becker moderators did not choose to migrate Bladeforums, nor are they paid staff, so their timeline will be what it is.
All the mods have jobs, families, busy lives, and multiple obligations beyond BFC, so I take umbrage when people start complaining less than two weeks after the entire forum tilted sideways. I imagine there are links all over Bladeforums that don't square with the current software. It will take considerable time to find and repair them all. Many links made by individual members/posters will probably never be repaired, unless there's a top-end Admin fix that tracks the old links into the new threads. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back