Bee sting

Don't get a BEE STING !!!

I didn;t know I was allergic until two days ago. One bite, two min. later totally covered in welts and rash, growing quickly and itch, pain & swelling.

Fortunately this time I didn;t stop breathing but have now got an Epi Pen with instructions to keep it with me at all times. The next time I;m assured will be much worse. (I was always under the impression these things were small, something you could stick in your pocket - yah right, this thing is huge --- we;re talking small banana size here. I can understand why a friend of mine never carries his although he has peanut issues. This thing would not fit in a mans pants pocket. The only way would be to have a leather, or fabric sheath make for it and wear it on your belt. As it is I will have to get a larger purse because it doesn't fit into what I have now.
But if it's the only thing that will keep you breathing in a tricky situtation it will be worth it.)

Have had several hospital visits, now on intervenous antibitics, most welts and rash gone but the bite site - Well I;ve got one swollen, itchy, extremely sore arm with the mass continuing to grow.

All this because I love to have a flower garden. Next year everything is going to be pavement or grass.........................

Check out some of the belt scabbards for flashlights. Even a cheap one should work fine. I carry one in the truck at all times along with Claritin fastmelt tabs for my kids.

Sorry to hear of the sensitivity- it puts a new light on trying to get some fresh air.

2Door

Check out some of the belt scabbards for flashlights. Even a cheap one should work fine. I carry one in the truck at all times along with Claritin fastmelt tabs for my kids.

Sorry to hear of the sensitivity- it puts a new light on trying to get some fresh air.

2Door

Thanks that sounds like a good idea, was thinking of getting George to make me up something. But your idea sounds good. I don't always have a purse with me. Thanks :)

A larger purse solves a lot of problems, and if anybody gives you crap, you can hit them with it.

There used to be "Epi-Kits", no longer made. Helluva lot smaller, you could administer TWO doses, and only slightly more difficult to use. Maybe if enough people ask for them @ pharmacies, they'll bring em back.

There used to be "Epi-Kits", no longer made. Helluva lot smaller, you could administer TWO doses, and only slightly more difficult to use. Maybe if enough people ask for them @ pharmacies, they'll bring em back.

Think most of the changes going on these days are the gov'ts doing. There are two antibiotics that are popular and work very well that are no longer available, seems there's a disagreement between what the gov't wants to pay and what it actually costs to mfg. One is Keflex, the other is Tetracycline. Amazing.

This Epi Pen I have - like you mentioned I was under the assumption they were considerably smaller. This thing is not something a man could put in his pants pocket because it's not at all flexible and he wouldn't be able to sit down, or the Pen would work it's way out of the pocket when he did sit.

The larger purse idea is good :) Seriously though given the gravity of the situation OK, it's big you just figure out how to best carry this thing and move on but it's certainliy larger than what I had expected. As long as it works when it's supposed to........................

Back